Service Desk Manager (London, United Kingdom)
Managed Services | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
New Signature is looking for a highly experienced, credible and forward-thinking Service Desk Manager to oversee all day to day responsibilities and processes of our thriving and growing Managed Service Desk.
This pivotal BAU leadership role is about: 100% customer retention and satisfaction, fair but firm representation, continual service improvement, team building with responsibility management, ITIL best practice and always striving to outperform in the marketplace.
This is a unique yet exciting role and environment, supporting a diverse range of clients and services. The current team of 12 analysts between the UK and South Africa are responsible for managing a mix of Microsoft; O365, Azure PaaS and IaaS environments. A current average of 1500 tickets per month plus a demanding proactive service is just an outline of the responsibilities under this role.
- To provide first class customer service at all times
- Act as the primary 24x7 point of escalation
- Focus heavily on building and delivering proactive strategies for our clients
- Attending some customer review meetings but always producing detailed reports in a timely and professional manner, ensuring customer needs and demands are met
- Ensure processes and procedures are aligned to ITIL methodology
- Proactively manage, motivate, monitor and mentor service desk staff
- Managing shift patterns, observing performance and ensuring the right office atmosphere/balance
- Effective cross training within the services desk to ensure all clients are fully supported
- Joint responsibility (with the wider organisation) for the ITSM toolset and constant upkeep to ensure tools are fit for purpose and working as required (specifically ticketing, monitoring and task management patching applications)
- Receive new clients into BAU service, working the Design and Transition Practice Lead
- Ever improving problem management and knowledge base
- Identify problem management proactively
- Ensure our contractual commitments, SLAs and KPIs to customers are adhered to at all times
- Provide hands on technical assistance (Office 365 feature set and Azure PaaS and IaaS Managed Services).
- Knowledge, experience and qualification within ITIL service environments
- Excellent customer relationship skills at all levels
- Knowledge of Office 365 including SharePoint, Skype for Business and mailbox migrations
- Knowledge of Azure or other hosted platform infrastructures (IaaS)
- Strong incident management and escalation control and reporting experience
- Background in either Service Desk or high profile, customer-facing environments
- Exceptional customer service and team leadership skills
- Dedicated, flexible and reliable (during and outside of core office hours)
- Extremely approachable with a positive attitude towards team members and customers
- Must be able to communicate with confidence at all levels and able to remain calm and controlled under intense scenarios
- Ability to recognize problems, then recommend and implement appropriate changes
- Proactive, customer-first attitude
- Exceptional oral and written English skills
About New Signature
New Signature is a cloud-first, full-service Microsoft partner committed to delivering innovative technology solutions that solve human challenges. Behind every interaction is our dedication to provide outstanding experiences and to build authentic relationships with those around us. We are passionate about driving transformational results for clients across all company sizes, geographies and industries. The New Signature team delivers full lifecycle solutions—from project inception and planning, through deployment to ongoing support and maintenance.
New Signature was named the top Microsoft partner in the United States and the United Kingdom in 2014 and again in the United States in 2015—becoming the first partner ever to win the prestigious US Partner of the Year award two years in a row. With over 600 individual technology certifications, New Signature is a recognized expert at the forefront of Microsoft advancements and couples these powerful technologies with exceptional services to empower our customers, colleagues, and community.
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the UK. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check. These record checks can include any or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, drug screening and criminal record check. Positions that require significant travel may also require a driving record check.
New Signature is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.