Senior Technical Trainer
Support | Washington, DC | Full Time
New Signature is looking for dynamic, highly energized risk-takers who are ready to join a fast-paced, regional leader in the IT services industry. Our work culture fosters an incredible exposure to innovative ideas and challenges that create experience and opportunity. We encourage our staff to rise through the organization to become leaders, in both the IT services world and in the community at large. New Signature is made up of some of the brightest and most talented people in the industry - are you ready to join us?
We are seeking a qualified candidate who can manage our nascent training program for the Information Technology Department, champion and coordinate technical training for new-hires, existing staff and clients. Job will require launching a new training program, which includes creating and delivering training courses, driving course curriculum creation, creating training materials, and working with subject matter experts.
As part of the program we anticipate that the candidate will create a curriculum that can be used to teach advanced technologies, processes/procedures and methodologies used at New Signature and by our clients. The curriculum should be suitable for in person and video conference training venues.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the candidate may be asked to write/co-author and edit articles for publication in corporate literature or as earned media.
- 5-7 years experience in developing and delivering technical training courses
- ability to present technical subject matter in understandable terms to a broad spectrum of the audience’s technical expertise
- Experience running a training program is preferred
- Previous experience managing and coaching staff
- Independent worker; exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and excellent presentation, interpersonal skills; ability to learn technical concepts
- Expertise in Windows Server 2003/2008; Exchange 2003/2007; Windows XP/Vista; IT best practices;
- Technical certification, or technical training certification, is a plus
- BA/BS degree, Computer Science, Engineering or Education
About New Signature
New Signature is an IT consulting firm based in downtown Washington, DC that provides network, server and desktop support to small and medium sized businesses. New Signature has 35 employees, is a Microsoft Gold Partner and has a six year track record of growth and achievement. We stand out from the crowd of other IT consulting companies because we level the playing field for our small and medium sized clients. Our clients are able to act “big” by obtaining access to the same economies of scale, best practices, dedicated customer service and technical expertise that normally only large companies enjoy. As a result, New Signature clients achieve a number of long-term benefits, such as the ability to focus on their core business, increased employee productivity, improved corporate efficiency and faster execution of new projects, products or initiatives.