SCOM & OMS Subject Matter Expert (Toronto, ON)
Managed Services | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
SCOM & OMS Subject Matter Expert, Managed Services Operations
The Subject Matter Expert position is a critical role within Managed Services Operations, providing technical leadership for the entire team. They will be responsible for delivering hands-on IT support for complex issues, computer & network infrastructure project planning, and provide input in developing and maintaining policies, procedures and standards. This individual should be an intellectually curious problem solver who will be excited to arm our employees with the best tools and information available to help them excel at the work they do, and deliver a world class customer experience.
Job Location: This position is designated as Work from Home, however, this person must reside in an area where New Signature has a significant presence, such as the metropolitan areas around Toronto ON, Washington DC, Atlanta GA, New York NY, Boston MA, or Philadelphia PA.
- Provide strategic customer roadmaps to assist managed services customers to fully leverage cloud technology, and work with managed services to deliver on roadmaps
- Provide onsite and/or remote expert support services with strong skills in at least two of the following technologies: Active Directory, System Center Operations Manager, Operations Management Suite.
- Occasional travel may be required to remote customer locations
- Escalation point for the Infrastructure Management Experience (IMX) NOC on an on call rotation basis, including nights/weekends
- Coordinate all escalations to Microsoft Premier Support
- Point of escalation for Enterprise, Midmarket & SMB teams
- Occasional sales support where expertise is required
- Provide expertise for short term/ad-hoc time and material work (work requests than can be completed generally in less than 16 hours work effort)
- Work with product team on process automation and optimization
- Work with product team on new product definition and creation
- Serve as a technical mentor to staff
New Signature seeks qualified professionals who meet these criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent years of professional experience
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in the IT industry
- Holds (& maintains) MCITP, MCTS, MCM, MCSA, MCSE or other certifications
- Smart and intellectually curious
- Enjoys providing the highest level of customer service
- Seeks a challenging work experience
- Eager to learn and gain greater expertise in their field
- Act in an honest and ethical manner
- Ability to successfully manage under pressure and respond to critical or changing priorities throughout the day
- •Ability to explain complex technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences, and to connect technological solutions with measurable business value
- Demonstrates ability to develop innovative technical approaches as complete solutions to business problems
- Demonstrates exceptional listening, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to consider solution impact and long-term effects of decisions/solutions
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team, and enjoys a dynamic environment
Managed Services Operations SMEs must have general knowledge across all Microsoft technologies and expertise in:
- Enterprise infrastructure environments – advanced Active Directory and Systems Management concepts
- Microsoft System Center, specifically SCOM & OMS
Additional expertise considered an asset:
- Exchange & Skype for Business online / on prem, Enterprise Mobility Suite
- SharePoint administration and support
- Windows Server, Hyper-V
- Advanced Azure IAAS management & administration, ASR
Additional beneficial expertise:
- Power BI
- Information Security
New Signature is a cloud-first, full service Microsoft partner committed to delivering innovative technology solutions that solve human challenges. Behind every interaction is our dedication to provide outstanding experiences and to build authentic relationships with those around us. We are passionate about driving transformational results for clients across all company sizes, geographies and industries. The New Signature team delivers full lifecycle solutions—from project inception and planning, through deployment to ongoing support and maintenance.
New Signature was named the top Microsoft partner in the United States and the United Kingdom in 2014 and again in the United States in 2015—becoming the first partner ever to win the prestigious US Partner of the Year award two years in a row. With over 600 individual technology certifications, New Signature is a recognized expert at the forefront of Microsoft advancements and couples these powerful technologies with exceptional services to empower our customers, colleagues, and community.
New Signature is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.