SCCM / O365 Technical Architect (London, United Kingdom)
Technical Transformation | London, United Kingdom | Full Time, Part Time, and Contract
New Signature’s Modern Desktop Technical Architects are the driving force behind today’s modern workplace transformation. They play a leading role in designing, creating and managing technical solutions taking account of digital risk, mobility, productivity and security. Join a team of Microsoft experts dedicated to optimising modern workplaces. You’ll be working on the bleeding edge of collaboration technologies to help deliver transformative solutions for employees at businesses around the globe.
A modern desktop practice lead has technical, commercial and pre-sales experience. Previous experience in designing a system centre infrastructure to support large-scale desktop transformation projects is required. The role would also require the individual to be the authoritative advisor on technical and delivery matters. Excellent knowledge sharing, team building and mentoring skills and to be able to work extremely well with customers and be seen to them as a trusted advisor is also required.
- Primarily the Practice Lead will manage multiple client engagements across several clients working with solutions architects to ensure quality control, high standards and customer satisfaction.
- The Practice Lead will participate in pre-sales discussions, on-site customer workshops and will participate in or manage implementation resources delivering design work carried out by the solutions architects.
- The role will require a high level of communication skills with customers and a strong sense of commercial awareness and has good successful experience of being able to produce high quality and well-scoped proposals and Statements of Work.
- The Practice Lead will also act as a technical escalation point for the Solutions Architects, project managers, internal resourcing teams and customers.
- The role also requires that the Practice Lead is able to work on the ground with customers and be able to technically deliver projects alone or alongside other Solutions Architects or Technical Architects.
Consultancy and design
- Providing pre-sales and technical leadership on SCCM and Windows 10 Modern Desktop solutions.
- Providing delivery leadership on executing large-scale desktop transformation projects.
- Proven project management on large-scale desktop transformation projects.
- Applying technical competence and experience to develop and assess internal documentation standards and working practices as well as develop material for marketing and sales teams.
- Ensuring that the quality of the work within the team fits Service Delivery and Service Assurance needs through appropriate agreement, approval, documentation and training.
- Challenging the customer requirements to ensure we are delivering benefits to the customer.
- Work with Solution Architects to ensure designs should be right first time with <10% of designs needing any re-works.
- During the sales process, help the sales organisation produce compelling and workable solutions, including working directly with potential or existing customers where needed. Act as the technical design authority creating and/or approving Solutions Designs requested by the sales organisation.
- Support the Sales organisation in closing deals and providing the best possible service and design.
- Provide 3rd level support to Service Assurance upon requests issued by Service Management Assurance team(s). On occasion, assist Service Delivery in the implementation of solutions.
Customer Service Management
Work with our top customers in a partnership arrangement to provide them with best in class service and responsiveness as part of a client relationship team.
Required knowledge of architectures and designs in the following:
- Microsoft Windows (All recent versions)
- Microsoft Office (All recent versions)
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (All recent versions)
- User State Migration Tool
- Microsoft App-V and Sequencing
- Group Policies and Login Scripts
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- Microsoft RDS and VDI
- Application Discovery and Packaging Toolsets
- Auto Pilot
Skills in the following are desirable:
- Azure AD
- Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
- Office 365
About New Signature
New Signature is a cloud-first, full-service Microsoft partner committed to delivering innovative technology solutions that solve human challenges. Behind every interaction is our dedication to provide outstanding experiences and to build authentic relationships with those around us. We are passionate about driving transformational results for clients across all company sizes, geographies and industries. The New Signature team delivers full lifecycle solutions—from project inception and planning, through deployment to ongoing support and maintenance.
New Signature was named the top Microsoft partner in the United States and the United Kingdom in 2014 and again in the United States in 2015—becoming the first partner ever to win the prestigious US Partner of the Year award two years in a row. With over 600 individual technology certifications, New Signature is a recognized expert at the forefront of Microsoft advancements and couples these powerful technologies with exceptional services to empower our customers, colleagues, and community.
New Signature requires candidates to prove eligibility to work in the UK. Offered candidates will be asked to complete a background check. These record checks can include any or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, drug screening and criminal record check. Positions that require significant travel may also require a driving record check.
New Signature is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, colour, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.