Project Manager - Microsoft Office 365 Migration (New York, NY)
PMO | New York, NY | Full Time
New Signature seeks a dedicated and experienced professional as a Project Manager for our Microsoft solutions projects, reporting to a PMO Team Leader.
This is a client-facing, consultative role, perfect for PM who enjoys influencing client IT decision makers while maintaining a technical edge.
The ideal candidate will have a history of successfully leading complex, large-scale infrastructure projects, specifically, Office 365 and Exchange online migrations, and will be an expert in making prudent business decisions that directly affect the customers’ experience.
The focus of this role includes the successful delivery of large-scale Microsoft infrastructure projects and services, enhancement of practice capabilities, and standardization of methods and mechanisms utilized, and managing project budget and resource allocation.
- Client facing Microsoft infrastructure project management on the most challenging and complex projects, with very demanding clients and little oversight
- Setting and managing client expectations regarding the project and pursuing applicable follow-up opportunities
- Managing milestones for successful, on-time, on-budget completion, providing reporting as necessary against baseline schedule, and conducting post-project lessons learned meetings
- Maintaining and reporting on Risk, Actions, Issues and Decision (RAID Log) for projects
- Preparing for all project reviews (status reports, Steering Committee meetings)
- Coordinating managed communications between client and internal team
- Providing feedback to technical team leads on the performance of project teams
- Collaborating with fellow PMs/EMs on project staffing and task allocation
- Collaborating with Sales teams, including scoping and pricing new opportunities, proposal and contract development, client meetings and relationship development
- Structuring consulting engagements
- Supporting the administrative aspects of PMO engagements, such as:
- Setting up charge codes, establishing project schedules, and following deliverable acceptance and reporting procedures to PMO standards
- Reporting project progress, maintaining/updating issues, and risks
- Tracking and ensuring timely and accurate invoicing, and monitoring deliverables and receivables for project
- Reporting project progress, maintaining/updating issues and risks, logging hours and expenses and verifying/approving team hours/expenses on a weekly basis
- 5+ years of infrastructure project management experience within the IT project field
- Recent project management experience within the Microsoft stack (Exchange, O365, Access and Identity, Azure, SharePoint, etc.)
- BA/BS degree or equivalent desired
- PMP certification
- Demonstrated familiarity and experience in using MS Project / Project Online
- Ability to apply proven project management methodologies and practices, including IT Implementation (e.g. CMM and CMMI), IT Service delivery and Support (e.g. ITIL Foundation), or Project Management fundamentals (e.g. PMI or equivalent)
- Demonstrated understanding of the PMO as a strategic asset, a basis for continuous improvement and the role of driving organizational maturity in an evolving environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities
- Attention to detail in both administrative and project/program activities
ABOUT NEW SIGNATURE
New Signature is a cloud-first, full-service Microsoft partner committed to delivering innovative technology solutions that solve human challenges. Behind every interaction is our dedication to provide outstanding experiences and to build authentic relationships with those around us. We are passionate about driving transformational results for clients across all company sizes, geographies and industries. The New Signature team delivers full lifecycle solutions—from project inception and planning, through deployment to ongoing support and maintenance.
New Signature was named the top Microsoft partner in the United States and the United Kingdom in 2014 and again in the United States in 2015—becoming the first partner ever to win the prestigious US Partner of the Year award two years in a row. With over 600 individual technology certifications, New Signature is a recognized expert at the forefront of Microsoft advancements and couples these powerful technologies with exceptional services to empower our customers, colleagues, and community.
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States or Canada (depending on the location of the job) within three days of being employed. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check and provide references in both the US and Canada.
New Signature is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.