Project Manager - Infrastructure (Boston, MA)
PMO | Boston, MA | Full Time
New Signature seeks a dedicated and experienced professional as a Project Manager for our Microsoft solutions projects, reporting to a PMO Team Leader or the PMO Director.
The ideal candidate will have a history of successfully leading complex, large-scale infrastructure projects autonomously, and will be an expert in making prudent business decisions that directly affect the customers’ experience.
The focus of this role includes the successful delivery of large-scale Microsoft infrastructure projects and services, enhancement of practice capabilities, and standardization of methods and mechanisms utilized, and managing project budget and resource allocation.
Job Location: This position is designated as Work From Home, however, the person in the role must reside in an area where New Signature has a client presence, such as the metropolitan areas around Atlanta GA, Washington DC, Philadelphia PA, New York City NY, or Boston MA.
- Full lifecycle Microsoft infrastructure project management on the most challenging and complex projects, with very demanding clients and little oversight
- Collaborating with Sales teams, including scoping and pricing new opportunities, proposal and contract development, client meetings and relationship development
- Structuring consulting engagements
- Setting and managing client expectations regarding the project and pursuing applicable follow-up opportunities
- Collaborating with fellow PMs/EMs on project staffing and task allocation
- Coordinating managed communications between client and internal team
- Managing milestones for successful, on-time, on-budget completion, providing reporting as necessary against baseline schedule, and conducting post-project lessons learned meetings
- Maintaining and reporting on Risk, Actions, Issues and Decision (RAID Log) for projects
- Preparing for all project reviews (status reports, Steering Committee meetings)
- Providing feedback to technical team leads on the performance of project teams
- Supporting the administrative aspects of PMO engagements, such as:
- Setting up charge codes, establishing project schedules, and following deliverable acceptance and reporting procedures to PMO standards
- Reporting project progress, maintaining/updating issues, and risks
- Tracking and ensuring timely and accurate invoicing, and monitoring deliverables and receivables for project
- Reporting project progress, maintaining/updating issues and risks, logging hours and expenses and verifying/approving team hours/expenses on a weekly basis
- 5+ years of infrastructure project management experience within the IT project field
- Recent project management experience within the Microsoft stack (Exchange, O365, Access and Identity, Azure, SharePoint, etc.)
- BA/BS degree or equivalent desired
- PMP certification
- Demonstrated familiarity and experience in using MS Project / Project Online
- Ability to apply proven project management methodologies and practices, including IT Implementation (e.g. CMM and CMMI), IT Service delivery and Support (e.g. ITIL Foundation), or Project Management fundamentals (e.g. PMI or equivalent)
- Demonstrated understanding of the PMO as a strategic asset, a basis for continuous improvement and the role of driving organizational maturity in an evolving environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities
- Attention to detail in both administrative and project/program activities
- There is an expectation of 20-30% travel in support of the team and/or client projects
- Must reside in an area where New Signature has a client presence, such as the metropolitan areas around Atlanta, Washington DC, Philadelphia PA, New York City NY, Boston MA
ABOUT NEW SIGNATURE
New Signature delivers an amazing customer experience to small, mid-sized, enterprise and public sector customers and helps them solve business challenges with Microsoft solutions. Our process-driven approach is specifically designed to consistently deliver success to customers that need support for complex projects that require substantial creativity, strategic vision, and stellar technology expertise.
We help our customers make major investment decisions through rigorous economic analysis that presents the value of Microsoft solutions. We then provide hands-on IT expertise to plan, design, deploy, customize and extend, manage and support their Microsoft solutions. New Signature ensures a maximum ROI by delivering customized user adoption and learning solutions for business users and IT professionals.
New Signature provides customers with the power of choice, implementing private, hybrid and public cloud solutions. We help our customers leverage Microsoft technologies: Office 365, Azure, Skype for Business, Exchange, SharePoint, System Center, Windows Intune, Dynamics CRM, Yammer, Windows Server, Hyper-V, Active Directory, Forefront Identity Manager, SQL Server, Windows 10, and Office.
New Signature is the 2015 and 2014 Microsoft United States Partner of the Year. New Signature earned this top honor among all partners in the United States by demonstrating excellence in innovation and implementation of Microsoft services and devices.
We are also proud to have been recognized as the 2015 Microsoft SMB Champs Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft East Region Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft Mid-Atlantic Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft New York Metro Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft Mid-Atlantic Cloud OS Partner of the Year and 2014 Microsoft YouthSpark Citizenship Partner of the Year Finalist.
New Signature was named to Inc 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies for the 5th consecutive year.
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States or Canada (depending on the location of the job) within three days of being employed. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check in both the US and Canada. These record checks can include any or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, drug screening and criminal record check. Positions that require significant travel may also require a driving record check.
New Signature is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.