Project Manager - App. Dev. (Toronto, ON)
PMO | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
New Signature seeks a dedicated and practiced Microsoft Application Development Project Manager for our Microsoft solutions projects, reporting to a PMO Team Leader or the PMO Director.
For this mid-to-senior-level IT project management role, the ideal candidate will be experienced in managing a variety of large, mid-sized and smaller application development projects within the Microsoft stack, as well as staff management and client engagement.
The focus of this role includes the successful day-to-day delivery of Microsoft application development projects and services, enhancement of practice capabilities, standardization of methods and mechanisms utilized, and managing project budget and resource allocation.
Job Location: This position is designated as Work From Home, however, the person in the role must reside in the Toronto, Ontario area to attend client meetings.
- Full lifecycle Microsoft application development project management from SOW formulation to project closure with little oversight
- Collaborating with fellow PMs/EMs on project staffing and task and resource allocation
- Coordinating communications between client and internal team
- Managing milestones for successful, on-time, on-budget completion, providing reporting as necessary against baseline schedule, and conducting post-project lessons learned meetings
- Providing feedback to technical team leads on the performance of project teams
- Assisting the PMO in developing, improving upon, implementing and training the team on PMO processes, policy, and tools
- Maintaining and reporting on Risk, Actions, Issues and Decision (RAID Log) for projects
- Supporting the administrative aspects of PMO engagements, such as:
- Setting up charge codes, establishing project schedules, and following deliverable acceptance and reporting procedures to PMO standards
- Reporting project progress, maintaining/updating issues and risks
- Tracking and ensuring timely and accurate invoicing, and monitoring deliverables and receivables for project
- 5+ years of application development project management experience within the IT project field, with involvement in the entire software life cycle
- Recent project management experience within the Microsoft stack (CRM, SharePoint, Power BI, mobile application development, advanced analytics, custom application development, etc.)
- BA/BS degree or equivalent desired
- Demonstrated experience in using MS Project / Project Online
- Ability to apply proven project management methodologies and practices, including: IT Implementation (e.g. CMM and CMMI), IT Service delivery and Support (e.g. ITIL Foundation), or Project Management fundamentals (e.g. PMI or equivalent)
- Demonstrated understanding of the PMO as a strategic asset, a basis for continuous improvement and the role of driving organizational maturity in an evolving environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities
- There is a possibility of 20% travel in support of the team and/or client projects
- Must reside in the Toronto, Ontario area to attend client meetings
ABOUT NEW SIGNATURE
New Signature delivers an amazing customer experience to small, mid-sized, enterprise and public sector customers and helps them solve business challenges with Microsoft solutions. Our process-driven approach is specifically designed to consistently deliver success to customers that need support for complex projects that require substantial creativity, strategic vision, and stellar technology expertise.
We help our customers make major investment decisions through rigorous economic analysis that presents the value of Microsoft solutions. We then provide hands-on IT expertise to plan, design, deploy, customize and extend, manage and support their Microsoft solutions. New Signature ensures a maximum ROI by delivering customized user adoption and learning solutions for business users and IT professionals.
New Signature provides customers with the power of choice, implementing private, hybrid and public cloud solutions. We help our customers leverage Microsoft technologies: Office 365, Azure, Skype for Business, Exchange, SharePoint, System Center, Windows Intune, Dynamics CRM, Yammer, Windows Server, Hyper-V, Active Directory, Forefront Identity Manager, SQL Server, Windows 10, and Office.
New Signature is the 2015 and 2014 Microsoft United States Partner of the Year. New Signature earned this top honor among all partners in the United States by demonstrating excellence in innovation and implementation of Microsoft services and devices.
We are also proud to have been recognized as the 2015 Microsoft SMB Champs Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft East Region Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft Mid-Atlantic Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft New York Metro Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft Mid-Atlantic Cloud OS Partner of the Year and 2014 Microsoft YouthSpark Citizenship Partner of the Year Finalist.
New Signature was named to Inc 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies for the 5th consecutive year.
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States or Canada (depending on the location of the job) within three days of being employed. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check in both the US and Canada. These record checks can include any or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, drug screening and criminal record check. Positions that require significant travel may also require a driving record check.
New Signature is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.