Internal Application: Microsoft Unified Communications Engineer (Washington, DC)
Infrastructure Services | Washington, DC | Full Time
New Signature is seeking a qualified Microsoft Unified Communications Consultant that will be responsible for the analysis, design, and implementation of Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, and Exchange technologies, both on-premises and in Office 365.
This position is designated as Work From Home, however, the person in the role must reside in an area where New Signature has a deep client presence, such as the metropolitan areas around Toronto ON, Washington DC, Philadelphia PA, New York City NY, Boston MA, or Atlanta GA.
- Perform hands-on design and implementation of Skype for Business Server/Skype for Business Online, Microsoft Teams, and Exchange Server/Exchange Online.
- Design and implement complex hybrid migrations to Skype for Business Online and Exchange Online, including environments comprising multiple Active Directory domains/forests and disparate organizations.
- Design and implement Office 365-based voice modalities including Audio Conferencing, PBX integration, Phone System (Cloud PBX), Calling Plan (PSTN Calling), and Cloud Connected Edition (CCE).
- Design and implement cutover migrations to Skype for Business Online from source environments other than Lync/Skype for Business, such as Cisco Jabber.
- Assist Sales team in identifying and closing opportunities through customer meetings and presentations.
- Experience designing and implementing Skype for Business Server and Skype for Business Online – required
- Experience with Microsoft Teams and Exchange Server/Exchange Online a plus
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 5-10 years of technical experience with increasing responsibility
- Strong background in telephony is required
- Experience working in a consulting environment is preferred
- Basic knowledge of additional Office 365 workloads/capabilities (ProPlus, EM+S) is a plus
- Must have excellent organizational and project management skills
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
20% travel possible, mostly within assigned region
ABOUT NEW SIGNATURE
New Signature delivers an amazing customer experience to small, mid-sized, enterprise and public sector customers and helps them solve business challenges with Microsoft solutions. Our process driven approach is specifically designed to consistently deliver success to customers that need support for complex projects that require substantial creativity, strategic vision and stellar technology expertise.
We help our customers make major investment decisions through rigorous economic analysis that presents the value of Microsoft solutions. We then provide hands-on IT expertise to plan, design, deploy, customize and extend, manage and support their Microsoft solutions. New Signature ensures a maximum ROI by delivering customized user adoption and learning solutions for business users and IT professionals.
New Signature provides customers with the power of choice, implementing private, hybrid and public cloud solutions. We help our customers leverage Microsoft technologies: Office 365, Azure, Skype for Business, Exchange, SharePoint, System Center, Windows Intune, Dynamics CRM, Yammer, Windows Server, Hyper-V, Active Directory, Forefront Identity Manager, SQL Server, Windows 10, and Office.
New Signature is the 2015 and 2014 Microsoft United States Partner of the Year. New Signature earned this top honor among all partners in the United States by demonstrating excellence in innovation and implementation of Microsoft services and devices.
We are also proud to have been recognized as the 2015 Microsoft SMB Champs Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft East Region Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft Mid-Atlantic Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft New York Metro Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft Mid-Atlantic Cloud OS Partner of the Year and 2014 Microsoft YouthSpark Citizenship Partner of the Year Finalist.
New Signature was named to Inc 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies for the 5th consecutive year.
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States or Canada (depending on the location of the job) within three days of being employed. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check in both the US and Canada. These record checks can include any or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, drug screening and criminal record check. Positions that require significant travel may also require a driving record check.
New Signature is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.