Microsoft SCCM Subject Matter Expert (Washington, DC)
Managed Services | Washington, DC | Full Time
The System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Subject Matter Expert position is a critical role within Managed Services Operations, providing technical leadership for the entire team. They will be responsible for delivering hands-on IT support, computer and network infrastructure project planning specializing in Active Directory and Unified Communications, and provide input in developing and maintaining policies, procedures and standards. The position will receive direction from the Director of Managed Services. This individual should be an intellectually curious problem solver who will be excited to arm our employees with the best tools and information available to help them excel at the work they do, and deliver a world class customer experience.
Job Location: This position is designated as Work From Home, however, the person must reside in an area where New Signature has a significant presence, such as the metropolitan areas around Washington DC, Toronto ON, Atlanta GA, New York NY, Boston MA, or Philadelphia PA.
- Provide strategic customer roadmaps to assist managed services customers to fully leverage cloud technology, and work with managed services to deliver on roadmaps
- Provide expert-level onsite and/or remote support services with specialized skills in System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Advanced Azure IAAS management and administration
- Escalation point for the Microsoft Infrastructure Management Experience (IMX) Network Operation Center (NOC) on an on-call rotation basis, including nights/weekends
- Coordinate all escalations to Microsoft Premier Support
- Point of escalation for Microsoft’s Technology Management Experience (TMX) – SMB & Midmarket teams
- Sales support where expertise is required for TMX or existing IMX customers
- Provide expertise for short term/ad hoc Time and Material (T&M) work (work requests than can be completed generally in less than 16 hours work effort)
- Work with product team on process automation and optimization
- Work with product team on new product definition and creation
- Serve as a technical mentor to staff
- Occasional travel may be required to remote customer locations
- Expert-level knowledge and experience in System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Additional experience with Office 365 and Azure is strongly preferred
- Experience with supporting technologies such as ADFS, SQL and Windows OS
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in a similar role
- Holds (& maintains) MCITP, MCTS, MCM, MCSA, MCSE or other certifications
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent years of professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to concisely and effectively address questions while providing subject matter expertise
- Ability to successfully manage under pressure and respond to critical or changing priorities throughout the day
- Ability to explain complex technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences, and to connect technological solutions with measurable business value
- Demonstrates ability to develop innovative technical approaches as complete solutions to business problems
- Demonstrates exceptional listening, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to consider solution impact and long-term effects of decisions/solutions
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team, and enjoys a dynamic environment
Managed Services Operations SMEs must have general knowledge across all of the technologies and expertise in at least two to three of:
- Enterprise infrastructure environments – advanced SCCM, Active Directory and Systems Management concepts
- Advanced Azure IAAS management & administration
- Exchange & Skype for Business online / on prem, Enterprise Mobility Suite
Additional beneficial expertise:
- Power BI
- Information Security
ABOUT NEW SIGNATURE
New Signature is a cloud-first, full service Microsoft partner committed to delivering innovative technology solutions that solve human challenges. Behind every interaction is our dedication to provide outstanding experiences and to build authentic relationships with those around us. We are passionate about driving transformational results for clients across all company sizes, geographies and industries. The New Signature team delivers full lifecycle solutions—from project inception and planning, through deployment to ongoing support and maintenance.
New Signature was named the top Microsoft partner in the United States and the United Kingdom in 2014 and again in the United States in 2015—becoming the first partner ever to win the prestigious US Partner of the Year award two years in a row. With over 600 individual technology certifications, New Signature is a recognized expert at the forefront of Microsoft advancements and couples these powerful technologies with exceptional services to empower our customers, colleagues, and community.
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States or Canada (depending on the location of the job) within three days of being employed. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check in both the US and Canada. These record checks can include any or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, drug screening and criminal record check. Positions that require significant travel may also require a driving record check.
New Signature is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.