Microsoft Identity Manager SME (Toronto, ON)
Managed Services | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
Microsoft Identity Manager SME
Every day, our team of Managed Services experts help our customers operate their workloads, applications, and infrastructures. Join our Managed Services team to assist our customers with the strategy and operation around their Microsoft solutions.
The Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM / FIM) Subject Matter Expert position is a critical client facing role within Managed Services Operations, providing technical leadership for the entire team. They will be responsible for delivering hands-on, tactical IT support as well as long term strategic planning, primarily in Microsoft Identity Manager, Active Directory, and the supporting technologies, such as SQL and SharePoint. This position must also provide input in developing and maintaining policies, procedures and standards. The position will receive direction from Director of Managed Services.
The individual is an intellectually curious problem solver who will be excited to arm our clients and employees with the best tools and information available to help them excel at the work they do, and deliver a world-class customer experience.
- Provide expert-level onsite and/or remote support services with specialized skills in Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM / FIM), SQL, and SharePoint.
- Escalation point for the Microsoft Infrastructure Management Experience (IMX) Network Operation Center (NOC) on an on-call rotation basis, including nights/weekends
- Coordinate all escalations to Microsoft Premier Support
- Point of escalation for Microsoft’s Technology Management Experience (TMX) – SMB & Midmarket teams
- Sales support where expertise is required
- Provide expertise for short-term/ad hoc Time and Material (T&M) work (work requests than can be completed generally in less than 16 hours work effort)
- Provide managed services clients with strategic roadmaps that align with modern digital transformation strategies
- Work with product team on process automation and optimization
- Work with product team on new product definition and creation
- Serve as a technical mentor to staff
- Occasional travel may be required to remote customer locations
- Expert-level knowledge and experience in Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM / FIM), Active Directory, and Azure Active Directory
- Additional experience with Office 365, Azure IAAS is strongly preferred
- Experience with supporting technologies such as SQL, SharePoint and Windows OS
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in a similar role
- Holds (& maintains) MCITP, MCTS, MCM, MCSA, MCSE or other certifications
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent years of professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to concisely and effectively address questions while providing subject matter expertise
- Ability to successfully manage under pressure and respond to critical or changing priorities throughout the day
- Ability to explain complex technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences, and to connect technological solutions with measurable business value
- Demonstrates ability to develop innovative technical approaches as complete solutions to business problems
- Demonstrates exceptional listening, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to consider solution impact and long-term effects of decisions/solutions
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team, and enjoys a dynamic environment
Managed Services Operations SMEs must have general knowledge across all of the technologies and expertise in at least two to three of:
- Enterprise infrastructure environments – Active Directory and Systems Management concepts
- Microsoft SQL
- Advanced Azure IAAS management & administration
Additional beneficial expertise:
- Power BI
- Information Security
ABOUT NEW SIGNATURE
New Signature is a cloud-first, full-service Microsoft partner committed to delivering innovative technology solutions that solve human challenges. Behind every interaction is our dedication to provide outstanding experiences and to build authentic relationships with those around us. We are passionate about driving transformational results for clients across all company sizes, geographies and industries. The New Signature team delivers full lifecycle solutions—from project inception and planning, through deployment to ongoing support and maintenance.
New Signature was named the top Microsoft partner in the United States and the United Kingdom in 2014 and again in the United States in 2015—becoming the first partner ever to win the prestigious US Partner of the Year award two years in a row. With over 600 individual technology certifications, New Signature is a recognized expert at the forefront of Microsoft advancements and couples these powerful technologies with exceptional services to empower our customers, colleagues, and community.
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States or Canada (depending on the location of the job) within three days of being employed. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check and provide references in both the US and Canada.
New Signature is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
New Signature is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, New Signature will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call 416-971-4267. Please ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).