Internal Application: Microsoft Identity Manager SME (East Coast US, or Toronto ON)
Managed Services | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
The Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM / FIM) Subject Matter Expert position is a critical role within Managed Services Operations, providing technical leadership for the entire team. They will be responsible for delivering hands-on IT support, computer and network infrastructure project planning specializing in Active Directory and Unified Communications, and provide input in developing and maintaining policies, procedures and standards. The position will receive direction from Director of Managed Services. The individual is an intellectually curious problem solver who will be excited to arm our employees with the best tools and information available to help them excel at the work they do, and deliver a world-class customer experience.
Job Location: This position is designated as Work From Home, however, the person in the role must reside in an area where New Signature has a client presence, such as the metropolitan areas around Atlanta GA, Washington DC, Philadelphia PA, New York City NY, Boston MA, or Toronto ON.
- Provide strategic customer roadmaps to assist managed services customers to fully leverage cloud technology, and work with managed services to deliver on roadmaps
- Provide expert-level onsite and/or remote support services with specialized skills in Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM / FIM), Advanced Azure IAAS management & administration
- Escalation point for the Microsoft Infrastructure Management Experience (IMX) Network Operation Center (NOC) on an on-call rotation basis, including nights/weekends
- Coordinate all escalations to Microsoft Premier Support
- Point of escalation for Microsoft’s Technology Management Experience (TMX) – SMB & Midmarket teams
- Sales support where expertise is required for TMX or existing IMX customers
- Provide expertise for short-term/ad hoc Time and Material (T&M) work (work requests than can be completed generally in less than 16 hours work effort)
- Work with product team on process automation and optimization
- Work with product team on new product definition and creation
- Serve as a technical mentor to staff
- Occasional travel may be required to remote customer locations
- Expert-level knowledge and experience in Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM / FIM), Active Directory, and Azure Active Directory
- Additional experience with Office 365, Exchange and Azure IAAS is strongly preferred
- Experience with supporting technologies such as ADFS, SQL and Windows OS
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in a similar role
- Holds (& maintains) MCITP, MCTS, MCM, MCSA, MCSE or other certifications
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent years of professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to concisely and effectively address questions while providing subject matter expertise
- Ability to successfully manage under pressure and respond to critical or changing priorities throughout the day
- Ability to explain complex technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences, and to connect technological solutions with measurable business value
- Demonstrates ability to develop innovative technical approaches as complete solutions to business problems
- Demonstrates exceptional listening, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to consider solution impact and long-term effects of decisions/solutions
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team, and enjoys a dynamic environment
- Must reside in an area where New Signature has a client presence, such as the metropolitan areas around Atlanta GA, Washington DC, Philadelphia PA, New York City NY, Boston MA, or Toronto ON
Managed Services Operations SMEs must have general knowledge across all of the technologies and expertise in at least two to three of:
- Enterprise infrastructure environments – Active Directory and Systems Management concepts
- Exchange & Skype for Business online / on prem, Enterprise Mobility Suite
- Advanced Azure IAAS management & administration
Additional beneficial expertise:
- Power BI
- Information Security
- May require up to 30% travel
ABOUT NEW SIGNATURE
New Signature delivers an amazing customer experience to small, mid-sized, enterprise and public sector customers and helps them solve business challenges with Microsoft solutions. Our process driven approach is specifically designed to consistently deliver success to customers that need support for complex projects that require substantial creativity, strategic vision and stellar technology expertise.
We help our customers make major investment decisions through rigorous economic analysis that presents the value of Microsoft solutions. We then provide hands-on IT expertise to plan, design, deploy, customize and extend, manage and support their Microsoft solutions. New Signature ensures a maximum ROI by delivering customized user adoption and learning solutions for business users and IT professionals.
New Signature provides customers with the power of choice, implementing private, hybrid and public cloud solutions. We help our customers leverage Microsoft technologies: Office 365, Azure, Skype for Business, Exchange, SharePoint, System Center, Windows Intune, Dynamics CRM, Yammer, Windows Server, Hyper-V, Active Directory, Forefront Identity Manager, SQL Server, Windows 10, and Office.
New Signature is the 2015 and 2014 Microsoft United States Partner of the Year. New Signature earned this top honor among all partners in the United States by demonstrating excellence in innovation and implementation of Microsoft services and devices.
We are also proud to have been recognized as the 2015 Microsoft SMB Champs Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft East Region Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft Mid-Atlantic Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft New York Metro Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft Mid-Atlantic Cloud OS Partner of the Year and 2014 Microsoft YouthSpark Citizenship Partner of the Year Finalist.
New Signature was named to Inc 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies for the 5th consecutive year.
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States or Canada (depending on the location of the job) within three days of being employed. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check in both the US and Canada. These record checks can include any or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, drug screening and criminal record check. Positions that require significant travel may also require a driving record check.
New Signature is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.