Microsoft Active Directory Migration Engineer (Toronto, ON)
Infrastructure Services | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
Active Directory Migration Engineer
The modern workplace is exploding with the capabilities available to businesses through cloud computing. Be part of our dynamic team that plans, builds, and operates infrastructures for our clients.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Successfully deliver IAM infrastructure professional service solutions to clients, such as Active Directory consolidation, Exchange integration, virtualization, storage capacity, and providing superior hands-on client support
- Work with the latest Microsoft technologies to solve real business problems
- Troubleshoot and solve complex information systems challenges
- Utilize migration and integration tools such as ADMT or Dell / Quest Migration tools, or Binary Tree
- Engage with client users to understand their concerns throughout the migration and integration process, and ensure a positive customer-focused experience
- Design and deploy related identity and access control solutions including, but not limited to, AD FS, PKI, Azure MFA, Azure RMS, Azure SSPR
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology or related field preferred or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 5+ years in an Information Systems field such as systems administrator, network engineer, or consultant, responsible for Microsoft Exchange migration, Active Directory consolidation, Exchange integration, virtualization, storage capacity, and providing superior hands-on client support
- Proven ability to gather and assess business requirements, develop and present solution alternatives, produce design and migration strategy documents, provide guidance and knowledge transfer to client staff and test/implement approved design
- Core skill set including industry knowledge of Active Directory migration, integration and virtualization, PKI, Directory Services, Federation Services, Identity Management, Rights Management and Edge Security
- Mid-to-expert level knowledge of Active Directory Domain Services 2008 or higher
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 a plus but not required
- Knowledge and experience working with Azure AD, including directory synchronization technologies
- Strong experience with PowerShell scripting and other command-line interfaces preferred
- Knowledge of DNS and related technologies preferred
ABOUT NEW SIGNATURE
New Signature is a cloud-first, full-service Microsoft partner committed to delivering innovative technology solutions that solve human challenges. Behind every interaction is our dedication to provide outstanding experiences and to build authentic relationships with those around us. We are passionate about driving transformational results for clients across all company sizes, geographies and industries. The New Signature team delivers full lifecycle solutions—from project inception and planning, through deployment to ongoing support and maintenance.
New Signature was named the top Microsoft partner in the United States and the United Kingdom in 2014 and again in the United States in 2015—becoming the first partner ever to win the prestigious US Partner of the Year award two years in a row. With over 600 individual technology certifications, New Signature is a recognized expert at the forefront of Microsoft advancements and couples these powerful technologies with exceptional services to empower our customers, colleagues, and community.
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States or Canada (depending on the location of the job) within three days of being employed. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check and provide references in both the US and Canada.
New Signature is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
New Signature is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, New Signature will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call 416-971-4267. Please ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).