Lead Automation Engineer (Toronto, ON)
Application Services | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
Lead Automation Engineer
We are looking for a Lead Automation Engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
Responsibilities include reviewing requirements, designing and implementing tests, prioritizing defects and helping to triage customer-submitted defects. You will also track and report on quality assurance metrics.
The Quality Assurance Lead role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests to ensure applications run smoothly, perform well under load, fail gracefully and meet our customers' needs. If you have a passion for automation, enjoy problem solving and have a curious mind, you might be the engineer we're looking for. Bonus points for excellent war stories, especially ones that feature your contribution to a victory.
As a leader in the Custom Application Development practice, you will champion the use of automation and testing excellence throughout the organization.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work with the latest technologies to solve real business problems
- Work with an experienced team of professional consultants and technical advisors
- Grow technically, professionally, and personally
- Work with multiple, industry-diverse clients
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Liaise with internal teams
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Determine the correct mix of automated and manually testing methods
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Perform manual testing activities as required
- Identify, record, and track bugs
- Work with customers to assist with generation of acceptance tests
- Triage issues and assign to the right individuals
- Manage the client through UAT and triage issues
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Experience with Team Foundation Studio (TFS) to input and track issues
Nice to Have:
- Understanding of SharePoint / O365, Dynamics 365
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
ABOUT NEW SIGNATURE
New Signature is a cloud-first, full service Microsoft partner committed to delivering innovative technology solutions that solve human challenges. Behind every interaction is our dedication to provide outstanding experiences and to build authentic relationships with those around us. We are passionate about driving transformational results for clients across all company sizes, geographies and industries. The New Signature team delivers full lifecycle solutions—from project inception and planning, through deployment to ongoing support and maintenance.
New Signature was named the top Microsoft partner in the United States and the United Kingdom in 2014 and again in the United States in 2015—becoming the first partner ever to win the prestigious US Partner of the Year award two years in a row. With over 600 individual technology certifications, New Signature is a recognized expert at the forefront of Microsoft advancements and couples these powerful technologies with exceptional services to empower our customers, colleagues, and community.
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States or Canada (depending on the location of the job) within three days of being employed. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check in both the US and Canada.
New Signature is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.