Infrastructure Analyst (Toronto, ON)
Managed Services | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
New Signature is an award-winning company specializing in enterprise-grade systems management of our clients’ data centers, end-points and cloud environment. We need the right people with the right in-depth technology expertise to provide the services that are absolutely critical in helping our clients keep their IT infrastructure healthy and performing with excellence.
Being part of our team means working with extraordinary people and experiencing an innovative working environment that is valued by our clients and colleagues! If you want a rich and rewarding career that focuses on team building, cutting-edge technology, and ongoing learning, then New Signature could be a great fit for you.
This position is based out of our state-of-the-art facility in the heart of downtown Toronto's prime business district, within minutes walking distance of both Union and Queen Stations.
The Server Monitoring and Investigations Team
Our customer base includes global corporations from all verticals, with presence and associated technology infrastructure around the world. Our business value is to ensure there are eyes on our customer's critical infrastructure 7x24x365, and alert them to any issues in advance of outages that could affect associated critical business operations. Ongoing performance analysis and reporting are also additional value services provided to our customer base.
Our team is comprised of Analysts who thrive on digging deep into technical issues, correlating events, and providing actionable steps back to our customers. The Infrastructure Analysts play a key role in monitoring the health of our customer environments 24 hours a day and are the first point of contact for outages on systems we monitor as part of the service.
- Provide proactive remote systems monitoring and troubleshooting support to our client base, to ensure maximum service availability and performance of their technology infrastructure.
- Perform a variety of tasks including systems health monitoring, server scans, diagnostic tasks, event log correlation and performance monitoring.
- Ensure tracking and knowledge base systems are kept up to date.
For those individuals who thrive on continuous learning and progression, we offer great training and career opportunities. Analysts have access to the benefits of working for a Microsoft Certified Learning Solutions provider and our professional services practice offers exciting career opportunities for complex systems architecture and deployment.
- Experience and desire for 24/7 shift work
- Understanding of Microsoft and networking technologies, in order to investigate and troubleshoot alerts and performance issues.
- Broad technical knowledge of Windows server technologies such as Exchange, SQL, and System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), etc.
- Strong English verbal & written communication skills.
- Attention to quality and detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM), or exposure to competitive systems management suites.
- Advanced diagnostics and troubleshooting in a primarily Windows corporate environment. Technologies include DNS, Active Directory, DHCP, Exchange, SQL, Lync, Azure and Office 365.
- Exposure to a Network Operations Centre and incident management systems and processes.
Our team members are important to us! We want to ensure we support their professional growth while allowing an open and engaging environment where we share best practices and expertise with one another. Some of the ways we make that happen are by promoting professional development, providing wellness programs and building an inclusive environment:
- We believe in creating environments where people love what they do and who they work with. We help foster this passion by creating events and committees that allow colleagues to play as well as work together. We encourage professional development with ongoing learning opportunities and cross-culture training and seminars by peers who are experts in their fields.
- Our offices are a modern mix of historical elegance, stocked with the comforts of home. To help keep staff going when they need that “pick me up”, we have options for them to refuel.
- We believe in professional collaboration, and our environment is set up to nurture that belief. Our offices have several meeting and lounge spaces designed to help our staff get together, be creative, and collaborate on various initiatives.
- We are proud of our accomplishments and recognize that it is our team of professionals that leads the way in knowledge and innovation for understanding how Microsoft tools can be best implemented, utilized, and maintained within various ecosystems.
ABOUT NEW SIGNATURE
New Signature delivers an amazing customer experience to small, mid-sized, enterprise and public sector customers and helps them solve business challenges with Microsoft solutions. Our process-driven approach is specifically designed to consistently deliver success to customers that need support for complex projects that require substantial creativity, strategic vision and stellar technology expertise.
We help our customers make major investment decisions through rigorous economic analysis that presents the value of Microsoft solutions. We then provide hands-on IT expertise to plan, design, deploy, customize and extend, manage and support their Microsoft solutions. New Signature ensures a maximum ROI by delivering customized user adoption and learning solutions for business users and IT professionals.
New Signature provides customers with the power of choice, implementing private, hybrid and public cloud solutions. We help our customers leverage Microsoft technologies: Office 365, Azure, Skype for Business, Exchange, SharePoint, System Center, Windows Intune, Dynamics CRM, Yammer, Windows Server, Hyper-V, Active Directory, Forefront Identity Manager, SQL Server, Windows 10, and Office.
New Signature is the 2015 and 2014 Microsoft United States Partner of the Year. New Signature earned this top honor among all partners in the United States by demonstrating excellence in innovation and implementation of Microsoft services and devices.
We are also proud to have been recognized as the 2015 Microsoft SMB Champs Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft East Region Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft Mid-Atlantic Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft New York Metro Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft Mid-Atlantic Cloud OS Partner of the Year and 2014 Microsoft YouthSpark Citizenship Partner of the Year Finalist.
New Signature was named to Inc 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies for the 5th consecutive year.
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States or Canada (depending on the location of the job) within three days of being employed. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check in both the US and Canada. These record checks can include any or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, drug screening and criminal record check. Positions that require significant travel may also require a driving record check.
New Signature is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.