Creative | Washington, DC | Full Time
New Signature seeks an Information Architect to join our team of experts. The ideal candidate for this position must have a thorough grounding as an information architect and in interactive design; a strategic thinker who can create, produce and refine brilliant ideas and can articulate these ideas clearly to a wide and varied audience. This person must be comfortable collaborating with clients and internal team members including visual designers and technical staff to create effective and intuitive user interfaces. In addition, the successful candidate will have deep experience creating and presenting solutions in a number of formats: research finding/recommendations, user flows, site maps, wireframes, and interactive prototypes.
As a member of New Signature's award-winning creative division you will work collaboratively with New Signature's clients to build their Internet presence and develop our own commercial and open source apps. Our approach is to blend robust functionality with practical usability to create an exceptional user experience. We constantly push the envelope with new discoveries and innovations in the world of rich Internet application development, mobile and social.
About New Signature
We like to introduce New Signature not by discussing what we can do, but by discussing our culture and what drives us. Providing great customer service is what gets us out of bed in the morning. We use this passion to provide services and build websites that use technology creatively, are beautifully designed, have a positive social impact, and are always backed by passionate, friendly support. You can browse some of our recent work here.
New Signature combines strategic thinking, distinctive design, and emerging technologies to create and deliver innovative websites that consistently break new ground. We blend stunning visual design, practical usability, and robust functionality to create compelling websites that engage visitors and provide an exceptional user experience. New Signature designed websites have won top honors at the Webby Awards, W3 Awards, Communicator Awards, Interactive Media Awards, Web Marketing Association Web Awards, and Davey Awards.
New Signature’s success is driven by our values and we were honored to receive the 2010 National Capital Business Ethics Award. New Signature has also been honored to receive the 2012 Helios Apollo Award for excellence in employee professional development and 2012 Microsoft Citizenship Opportunities for Youth Partner of the Year Award; and named to the 2011 and 2012 Inc. Magazine 500|5000 list as one of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies; 2012 SmartCEO100 Best-Run Company; CRN's 2012 and 2011 Next-Gen 250 list of best small, innovative and nimble business and technology integrators; CRN's 2011 Fast Growth 50 Up and Coming list of fastest growing solution providers in North America.
We are looking for an expert who has the following skills:
- Conduct end user needs assessment and task analysis using appropriate techniques, e.g. artifact review, interviewing, ethnography, user audience analysis, site usage data analysis, etc.
- Perform competitive benchmarks, audits, and expert reviews.
- Conduct and participate in concept generation activities including the development of: user profiles, user scenarios, organizational models, task models and feature lists.
Create process flows, site maps, wireframes, and interactive prototypes that demonstrate the team’s vision to the business and customers.
- Organize content and functionality to develop organizational models, naming schemes and navigational hierarchies.
- Communicate and collaborate with the project manager, visual designers, technical staff and client stakeholders in all stages of production.
- Experience working with or detailed knowledge of CMS products, such as Drupal, Sitecore, SharePoint or WordPress.
- Experience rapid wireframing software, for example Axure RP or Balsamiq.
Specifically, New Signature seeks qualified professionals who:
- are smart and intellectually curious,
- enjoy providing the highest level of customer service,
- seek a challenging work experience,
- want to learn and gain greater expertise in their field,
- enjoy working at a growth company with lots of advancement opportunities,
- can work hard while having fun, and
- act in an honest and ethical manner.
BA/ BS degree or equivalent desired.
High school diploma or GED required.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including 2 weeks vacation; sick/personal leave; medical, visiion, and dental insurance; life insurance; 401k; flexible spending account, short and long term disability insurance; advancement opportunities; dedicated time for education and training; and a fun and exciting office environment.
U.S. Employment Eligibility
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States within three days of being employed.