Human Resources Manager
Human Resources | Washington, DC | Full Time
New Signature is seeking an experienced Human Resources leader to support the key strategies of the business, specifically: people management, offering guidance and counsel on staff planning, organizational effectiveness, performance issues, people development, workforce management, and overall performance management. This position is the primary contact for any HR-related requests and serves as an implementer for the roll out of company-wide HR programs.
The HR Manager will play an integral role in the success of the group. The role requires the ability and willingness to complete daily tactical responsibilities, coach managers on organizational & people-related issues, and also contribute strategically to the business. Additionally, the Manager plays a consultative role advising business leaders on potential HR contributions, solutions, implications and risks of proposed business initiatives. Specifically s/he will be responsible for:
- Works closely with department leaders, in partnership with the IT Recruiter, to establish and forecast people needs and establish staffing priorities
- Acts as a resource for writing job postings, navigating the hiring process and assisting with interviews. Actively involved in interviewing for critical senior roles.
- Executes retention efforts including risk analysis.
- Provides guidance and advice to management and employees in the interpretation of company policies, local labor laws, procedures, and programs.
- Stays current with employment laws and emerging trends; ensures compliance with any legal or regulatory requirements.
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and helps implement proper solutions for complex employee relations issues, taking into consideration business needs, respective local labor law, and specific circumstances. Conducts investigations and partners with the Executive Committee and outside legal counsel as appropriate.
- Assists in the development and implementation of performance improvement plans.
- Counsels management in preparation for employee terminations and participates in termination meetings as appropriate; conducts exit interviews.
- Coaches managers on recognition and reward efforts.
- Analyzes and communicates employee survey results and works with the leadership team(s) to develop departmental strategies based on feedback/results
- Assists managers in identifying talent, diagnosing learning needs and planning for appropriate personal and career development opportunities.
- Partners with the Learning & Development team in the selection and delivery of training and education programs.
- Advises managers in the establishment, communication, and evaluation of employee goals; supports managers in coaching employees including our Performance Management System.
- Serves as a trusted advisor to senior leadership, providing guidance, constructive feedback, and consulting on all aspects of talent management, organization design, role design, workforce planning, leadership development, and employee engagement.
- Actively participates in leadership meetings, consulting on people-related matters.
- Leads, plans, and manages organizational analysis, process improvement and change management for maximum effectiveness and employee engagement.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Manage annual compensation budget process
- Answers routine benefits questions and refers employees to appropriate resources.
- Manages a variety of HR related administrative activities related to on-boarding, benefits, compensation and leave administration.
- Proactively communicates helpful resources to management and staff.
- Serves as frontline resource for workers compensation and safety issues.
- 3-5 years progressive HR generalist and business partner experience.
- Bachelors degree in HR, Business or related discipline.
- Proven ability to succeed in an entrepreneurial, service-oriented environment with multiple office locations; experience working with diverse populations.
- Strong understanding of traditional HR tools: staffing, organization design, performance management, HR measurement and legal compliance.
- Experience in employee relations, investigations, accommodations, etc. Ability to navigate complex employee situations.
- Proven ability to work closely with an executive team to develop effective HR strategies to address the professional development, retention and hiring of talent.
- Understanding of workforce demographic issues/trends.
- Knowledge of Federal employment laws and familiarity with local/state laws and regulations.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Superior communication and consulting skills.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to drive change and adapt to a quickly evolving organization.