Human Resources Manager
Administration | Washington, DC | Full Time
New Signature is seeking rising star to join our team as the Human Resources Manager. This position will play a key role in the continued growth of the firm. This position reports to the CEO and requires close collaboration with the executive team, directors, and managers to ensure successful implementation of best practices to support business needs. This position requires a hands-on, detail orientated individual who desires to grow with our company.
New Signature is an IT consulting firm that serves small and medium sized businesses in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. New Signature’s success is driven by our values and we were honored to receive the 2010 National Capital Business Ethics Award. The Awards recognize companies that exemplify a strong commitment to business excellence and to the highest standards of civic responsibility, integrity and ethical conduct. In 2011, New Signature was named to the prestigious Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies in America and CRN’s Next-Gen 250 List.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include the following.
Retention, Employee Development and Employee Relations
- Manage and improve quarterly employee review process, and career development efforts.
- Organize and monitor employee activities – team happy hours, company events, etc.
- Develop strategies to increase employee retention.
- Manage and track employee education and trainings.
- Manage employee relationships and resolve conflicts.
Ethics & Sustainability
- Collaborate with staff to ensure that New Signature behaves ethically and implements strategies that have a positive social impact on our local community.
- Manage, administer and improve employee benefits program.
- Explain benefits program to new, existing and departed employees.
- Answer employee questions and mitigate problems with benefits providers.
- Track and report on vacation, personal and sick time accrued and utilized.
Business Leadership and Operations
- Refine and improve employee manual and company’s human resources programs, policies, and activities.
- Review and advise on compensation strategies.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal employment law.
- Vendor selection and management.
- Participate in the payroll process.
- Improve and manage onboarding process for new employees.
- Pre-screen job candidates’ resumes, arrange phone screens, in-person interviews and manage communication with candidates.
- Update and post job advertisements.
- Help improve and protect diversity at New Signature.
- Create robust recruitment strategies for both entry level and senior level positions, including employee referral program.
- Develop relationships with local colleges and training programs.
Specifically, New Signature seeks qualified professionals who:
- Smart and intellectually curious.
- Enjoy providing the highest level of customer service.
- Seek a challenging work experience.
- Want to learn and gain greater expertise in their field.
- Enjoy working at a growth company with lots of advancement opportunities.
- Can work hard while having fun.
- Act in an honest and ethical manner.
- 4+ years of experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree or certification a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package (including paid vacation, personal, sick and holiday leave; medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; short and long term disability insurance; accidental death and dismemberment insurance; 401k; FSA; and more), advancement opportunities and a fun and exciting office environment.
U.S. Employment Eligibility
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States within three days of being employed.