Cloud Solution Manager (Houston, TX)
Infrastructure Services | Houston, TX | Full Time
The Cloud Solution Manager is a hybrid role encompassing technology leadership, project leadership, and team leadership. This position is the ‘go-to’ role for all elements of the solution and the project, supported by the wider team where necessary. The Cloud Solution Manager works with the customer to provide direction in the delivery of in-scope services. This role is accountable for the project team, ensuring the correct skills are in place to deliver the outcomes required and dealing with team management issues. The ideal candidate has knowledge of both Azure and SQL PaaS services and the deployment of highly available SQL environments running on Azure IaaS.
Project management – owning the definition of project scope and schedule
Team management – being responsible for team structure and project delivery
Technical management – ensuring the technical solution aligns with the defined purpose
Client management - managing stakeholder expectations for project deliverables
- Lead the development of architectures for complex systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements of both external and internal customers
- Manage project delivery through the Agile methodology by working with the scrum master and business analyst
- Ensure creation and maintenance of accurate user stories and backlogs are captured and executed within the sprint framework
- Ensure the project team delivers the outcomes required and addresses any team management issues
- Work closely with the customer’s architectural, product, and program teams, and influence decisions for the SQL work stream
- May be responsible for producing regular management reports to supplement project reports
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology-related field
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience leading projects of similar scope and technologies
- Collaboration - works effectively as a team whether as part of a department or virtual project team
- Technical competence - consistently provides subject matter expertise; influences technical or commercial decision through depth of specialist knowledge
- Desired knowledge of architectures and designs in the following:
- SQL Server (all versions) design / tune
- Microsoft Server up to 2012 R2
- IP networking, VLAN, Firewall, VPN
- Microsoft Active Directory and related services (GPO, DNS)
- Experience of at least one Azure deployment in the last six months of a production workload
- Leadership - inspires, influences, and motivates individuals and teams across the organization; effectively manages change within and across own department
- Lateral thinking - able to see the bigger picture and to visualize the longer term impact of decisions
- Planning and organization - plans ahead and establishes appropriate courses of action to achieve objectives; monitors performance against targets and implements improvements when necessary
- Business and problem analysis - able to analyze business performance data and effectively determines the key issues on which to focus for the department
- Communication - expresses ideas and information clearly and concisely in both written format and verbally
- Adaptability and flexibility - willing to take personal responsibility for issues through to resolution
- Personal drive and motivation - demonstrates a passion for New Signature's success, setting high standards for self and others; committed to the value of own role and continual personal development
ABOUT NEW SIGNATURE
New Signature delivers an amazing customer experience to small, mid-sized, enterprise and public sector customers and helps them solve business challenges with Microsoft solutions. Our process-driven approach is specifically designed to consistently deliver success to customers that need support for complex projects that require substantial creativity, strategic vision, and stellar technology expertise.
We help our customers make major investment decisions through rigorous economic analysis that presents the value of Microsoft solutions. We then provide hands-on IT expertise to plan, design, deploy, customize and extend, manage and support their Microsoft solutions. New Signature ensures a maximum ROI by delivering customized user adoption and learning solutions for business users and IT professionals.
New Signature provides customers with the power of choice, implementing private, hybrid and public cloud solutions. We help our customers leverage Microsoft technologies: Office 365, Azure, Skype for Business, Exchange, SharePoint, System Center, Windows Intune, Dynamics CRM, Yammer, Windows Server, Hyper-V, Active Directory, Forefront Identity Manager, SQL Server, Windows 10, and Office.
New Signature is the 2015 and 2014 Microsoft United States Partner of the Year. New Signature earned this top honor among all partners in the United States by demonstrating excellence in innovation and implementation of Microsoft services and devices.
We are also proud to have been recognized as the 2015 Microsoft SMB Champs Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft East Region Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft Mid-Atlantic Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft New York Metro Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft Mid-Atlantic Cloud OS Partner of the Year and 2014 Microsoft YouthSpark Citizenship Partner of the Year Finalist.
New Signature was named to Inc 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies for the 5th consecutive year.
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States or Canada (depending on the location of the job) within three days of being employed. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check in both the US and Canada. These record checks can include any or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, drug screening and criminal record check. Positions that require significant travel may also require a driving record check.
New Signature is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.