Cloud Solution Architect (Houston, TX)
Infrastructure Services | Houston, TX | Full Time
The Cloud Solution Architect leads the development of architectures for complex systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements of both external and internal customers. The role will have in-depth knowledge of both Azure SQL PaaS services and the deployment of highly available SQL environments running on Azure IaaS.
The Cloud Solution Architect produces detailed component specifications and translates these into high-level designs for implementation using selected products and takes full responsibility for the balance between functional, service quality and systems management requirements within a significant area of the organization.
This position informs policy and strategy for the selection of systems architecture components, and coordinates design activities, promoting the discipline to ensure consistency. The role also ensures appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are observed and maintained.
Active duties may include assisting in the preparation of Azure environments for hosting customer SQL databases, building Azure virtual machines and networks, and migrating customer workloads to the cloud service.
Consultancy and design
- Provide technical leadership of hands-on service delivery
- Partner with the customer architecture community providing guidance related to the public cloud and SQL solutions
- Apply technical competence and experience to develop innovative designs within required timescales and to documented customer requirements
- Work with customer stakeholders to ascertain detailed design information
- Undertake lab testing when required to validate features in simulations that are representative of real-life scenarios
- Ensure the design fits service delivery and service assurance needs through appropriate agreement, approval, documentation and training
- Challenge the customer requirements to ensure we are delivering benefits to the customer
- Produce compelling and workable solutions, working directly with the customer teams
- Act as the technical design authority creating and/or approving solutions designs as requested
Customer Service Management
- Partner with the customer ensuring best-in-class service and responsiveness as part of a client relationship team
- Collaboration - works effectively as a team whether as part of a department or virtual project team
- Technical competence - consistently provides subject matter expertise, influences technical or commercial decision through depth of specialist knowledge
- Required knowledge of architectures and designs in the following:
- SQL Server (all versions) design / tune
- Hands on practical experience of SQL Server 2016
- Experience of deploying highly available SQL Server Always On availability groups in Azure
- Microsoft Server up to 2012 R2
- IP networking, VLAN, Firewall, VPN
- Microsoft Active Directory and related services (GPO, DNS)
- Experience of at least one Azure deployment in the last six months of a production workload
- Lateral thinking - able to see the bigger picture and to visualize the longer term impact of decisions
- Planning and organization - plans ahead and establishes appropriate courses of action to achieve objectives; monitors performance against targets and implements improvements when necessary
- Communication - expresses ideas and information clearly and concisely in both written format and verbally
- Adaptability and flexibility - willing to take personal responsibility for issues through to resolution
- Personal drive and motivation - demonstrates a passion for New Signature's success, setting high standards for self and others; committed to the value of own role and continual personal development
ABOUT NEW SIGNATURE
New Signature delivers an amazing customer experience to small, mid-sized, enterprise and public sector customers and helps them solve business challenges with Microsoft solutions. Our process-driven approach is specifically designed to consistently deliver success to customers that need support for complex projects that require substantial creativity, strategic vision, and stellar technology expertise.
We help our customers make major investment decisions through rigorous economic analysis that presents the value of Microsoft solutions. We then provide hands-on IT expertise to plan, design, deploy, customize and extend, manage and support their Microsoft solutions. New Signature ensures a maximum ROI by delivering customized user adoption and learning solutions for business users and IT professionals.
New Signature provides customers with the power of choice, implementing private, hybrid and public cloud solutions. We help our customers leverage Microsoft technologies: Office 365, Azure, Skype for Business, Exchange, SharePoint, System Center, Windows Intune, Dynamics CRM, Yammer, Windows Server, Hyper-V, Active Directory, Forefront Identity Manager, SQL Server, Windows 10, and Office.
New Signature is the 2015 and 2014 Microsoft United States Partner of the Year. New Signature earned this top honor among all partners in the United States by demonstrating excellence in innovation and implementation of Microsoft services and devices.
We are also proud to have been recognized as the 2015 Microsoft SMB Champs Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft East Region Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft Mid-Atlantic Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft New York Metro Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft Mid-Atlantic Cloud OS Partner of the Year and 2014 Microsoft YouthSpark Citizenship Partner of the Year Finalist.
New Signature was named to Inc 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies for the 5th consecutive year.
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States or Canada (depending on the location of the job) within three days of being employed. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check in both the US and Canada. These record checks can include any or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, drug screening and criminal record check. Positions that require significant travel may also require a driving record check.
New Signature is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.