Internal Application: Azure / Windows Server Engineer (New York, NY)
Infrastructure Services | New York, NY | Full Time
Azure / Windows Server Engineer
The modern workplace is exploding with the capabilities available to businesses through cloud computing. Be part of our dynamic team that plans, builds, and operates infrastructures for our clients.
The Azure / Windows Server Engineer drives high priority customer initiatives on Azure with customers. The individual is highly technical, customer facing, and accountable for end-to-end customer cloud deployments.
The individual will own technical customer engagement including: some project management, architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts, and lead deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud deployment.
- Drive deployment of customer workloads into Azure and increase their consumption of the platform by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers’ cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers
- Accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts by providing deep technical expertise and support for customers migrating complex workloads to the cloud
- Ability to adjust and change a proposed design completely and still address customer requirements and timelines
- Has passed or is close to passing at least one of the Azure technical certification exams (70-532, 70-533, or 70-534)
- Possesses a deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Successful in building technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical deployment projects
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in “migrating” on-premises workloads to the cloud
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle concepts and designing platforms to suit specific application requirements
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
- Experience with SQL and PaaS a plus
- Any networking, security or competitive product experience such as Cisco and Amazon is a plus.
- Time management and time accounting is a must as this is a billable role for client delivery
- Deep IaaS knowledge around workload transition and migration is a plus
- Ability to stay current on Azure technology outside of the work environment compliments this role (i.e. – lab work, Azure tenant, O365 tenant, blogging and writing)
ABOUT NEW SIGNATURE
New Signature is a cloud-first, full-service Microsoft partner committed to delivering innovative technology solutions that solve human challenges. Behind every interaction is our dedication to provide outstanding experiences and to build authentic relationships with those around us. We are passionate about driving transformational results for clients across all company sizes, geographies and industries. The New Signature team delivers full lifecycle solutions—from project inception and planning, through deployment to ongoing support and maintenance.
New Signature was named the top Microsoft partner in the United States and the United Kingdom in 2014 and again in the United States in 2015—becoming the first partner ever to win the prestigious US Partner of the Year award two years in a row. With over 600 individual technology certifications, New Signature is a recognized expert at the forefront of Microsoft advancements and couples these powerful technologies with exceptional services to empower our customers, colleagues, and community.
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States or Canada (depending on the location of the job) within three days of being employed. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check and provide references in both the US and Canada.
New Signature is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.