Azure / Windows Server Engineer (Boston, MA)
Infrastructure Services | Boston, MA | Full Time
Azure / Windows Server Engineer
The modern workplace is exploding with the capabilities available to businesses through cloud computing. Be part of our dynamic team that plans, builds, and operates infrastructures for our clients.
The Azure / Windows Server Engineer drives high priority customer initiatives on Azure with customers. The individual is highly technical, customer facing, and accountable for end-to-end customer cloud deployments.
The individual will own technical customer engagement including: some project management, architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts, and lead deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud deployment.
- Drive deployment of customer workloads into Azure and increase their consumption of the platform by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers’ cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers
- Accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts by providing deep technical expertise and support for customers migrating complex workloads to the cloud
- Ability to adjust and change a proposed design completely and still address customer requirements and timelines
- Has passed or is close to passing at least one of the Azure technical certification exams (70-532, 70-533, or 70-534)
- Possesses a deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Successful in building technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical deployment projects
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in “migrating” on-premises workloads to the cloud
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle concepts and designing platforms to suit specific application requirements
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
- Experience with SQL and PaaS a plus
- Any networking, security or competitive product experience such as Cisco and Amazon is a plus.
- Time management and time accounting is a must as this is a billable role for client delivery
- Deep IaaS knowledge around workload transition and migration is a plus
- Ability to stay current on Azure technology outside of the work environment compliments this role (i.e. – lab work, Azure tenant, O365 tenant, blogging and writing)
ABOUT NEW SIGNATURE
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States or Canada (depending on the location of the job) within three days of being employed. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check in both the US and Canada. These record checks can include any or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, drug screening and criminal record check. Positions that require significant travel may also require a driving record check.
For US Applicants: New Signature is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). E-Verify is only used upon acceptance of a job offer and completion of the Form I-9.
If you require this notice in another language provided by DHS us at 202-452-5923
Click here for more information on Your Right to Work or Visit the USCIS website here for more information on E-Verify
For Canadian Applicants: New Signature is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, New Signature will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call 416.971.4267. Please ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
All Applicants: New Signature is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States or Canada (depending on the location of the job) within three days of being employed. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check and provide references in both the US and Canada.
New Signature is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.