Azure Technical Architect (London, United Kingdom)
Technical Transformation | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
The Azure Technical Architect role is a multi-skilled role encompassing technical, commercial, pre-sales influencing skills. The role is also a specialist engineering role providing deep technical skills to apply to hands-on implementation work defined in statements of work and designs created earlier in the sales process. Knowledge of Vendor based Cloud IaaS and PaaS technologies, primarily Windows Azure are key. A strategy for knowledge sharing and mentoring should be maintained. The ability to work closely with customers and be seen to them as a trusted advisor is a must. The Technical Architect should also work closely with the Project Management Office team to successfully execute commercial strategies and drive revenue through the practice.
- The Technical Architect may be asked to engage with multiple client engagements working with solutions architects to ensure quality control, high standards and customer satisfaction.
- The Technical Architect will produce the low-level design against the high level work carried out by the Solutions Architects.
- The role will require excellent communication skills with customers and a strong sense of commercial awareness and experience of being able to produce high quality and well scoped proposals and Statements of Work.
- The Technical Architect will act as a technical SME for the Solutions Architects, project managers, internal resourcing teams and customers.
- Working closely with the sales function, scoping the offered Azure products and services to drive revenue through the practise.
Consultancy and design
- Providing pre-sales technical leadership on Windows Azure infrastructure services.
- Applying technical competence and experience to develop innovative and realisable designs within required timescales and to documented customer requirements. Working with customer stakeholders to ascertain detailed design information. Undertake lab testing when required to validate features in simulations that are representative of real-life scenarios.
- Ensuring that the design fits Service Delivery and Service Assurance needs through appropriate agreement, approval, documentation and training.
- Challenging the customer requirements to ensure we are delivering benefits to the customer.
- Designs should be right first time with <10% of designs needing any re-works.
- During the sales process, help the sales organisation produce compelling and workable solutions, including working directly with potential or existing customers where needed.
- Act as the technical design authority creating and / or approving Solutions Designs requested by the sales organisation.
- Support the Sales organisation in closing deals and providing the best possible service and design.
- Provide 3rd level support to Service Assurance upon requests issued by Service Management Assurance team(s). On occasion, assist Service Delivery in the implementation of solutions.
Customer Service Management
Work with our top customers in a partnership arrangement to provide them with best in class service and responsiveness as part of a client relationship team.
Required knowledge of architectures and designs in the following:
- Microsoft Virtualisation Technologies – Hyper-V 2 (2008) and Hyper V 3.0 (2012)
- Strong vSphere will suffice but will not be directly utilised
- Microsoft Server up to 2012R2
- IP Networking, VLAN, Firewall, VPN
- Demonstrable experience of Azure Deployments within the last 6 months for production workload
Skills in the following are desirable:
- SQL Server, SharePoint, Lync/ OCS – Voice/Video integration, Active Directory /DNS, LDAP, Microsoft Clustering, IIS.
- Additional Networking Technologies – layer 2 data centre access/ virtual access layer switching, vlans, vlan trunking, firewalls, secure application gateways / reverse proxies, SSL offloading, load balancing.
- MPLS/ VPLS, DNS (BIND& Microsoft DNS), voice/video integration – SIP, IP-PBX, SBC.
- Cisco/ HP Networking.
- Storage concepts and design principles
About New Signature
New Signature is a cloud-first, full-service Microsoft partner committed to delivering innovative technology solutions that solve human challenges. Behind every interaction is our dedication to provide outstanding experiences and to build authentic relationships with those around us. We are passionate about driving transformational results for clients across all company sizes, geographies and industries. The New Signature team delivers full lifecycle solutions—from project inception and planning, through deployment to ongoing support and maintenance.
New Signature was named the top Microsoft partner in the United States and the United Kingdom in 2014 and again in the United States in 2015—becoming the first partner ever to win the prestigious US Partner of the Year award two years in a row. With over 600 individual technology certifications, New Signature is a recognized expert at the forefront of Microsoft advancements and couples these powerful technologies with exceptional services to empower our customers, colleagues, and community.
New Signature requires candidates to prove eligibility to work in the UK. Offered candidates will be asked to complete a background check. These record checks can include any or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, drug screening and criminal record check. Positions that require significant travel may also require a driving record check.
New Signature is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, colour, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.