Azure Implementation Engineer (Houston, TX)
Infrastructure Services | Houston, TX | Full Time
The Implementation Engineer – SQL Specialist is a specialist engineering role providing deep technical skills in a hands-on manner for implementation work defined in statements of work and designs created earlier in the sales and delivery process. Knowledge of Cloud IaaS and PaaS technologies, primarily Windows Azure, are key as is a deep knowledge of SQL server technologies and how they are deployed into Azure as either IaaS, PaaS or in a combination of the two. Strong experience in the automated provision of Azure services is essential, therefore knowledge of PowerShell, JSON and ARM templates is required, as is T-SQL.
- Provide hands-on delivery of services to customer as defined in a solutions design created by a Senior Technical Architect or Solution Architect.
- Tasks will include the preparation of Azure environments for hosting customer SQL databases and the building of Azure virtual machines and networks and the migration of customer workloads out to this public cloud service.
- Occasionally act as a third line support resource for the Service Desk.
Azure SQL services
- Design and deploy SQL services in an automated way into Azure
- Define design patterns for SQL to meet different workloads
- Create Automation scripts in PowerShell and T-SQL to allow for controlled automated deployments of SQL server infrastructure and databases from a cloud orchestration tool
- Ensuring SQL services are deployed in a performant way and to best practice, i.e. disk sizing, storage architectures, SQL performance tuning
- Collaboration - works effectively as a team whether as part of a department or virtual project team; assists team and fulfills own obligations and delivers on time and to team expectations
- Technical competence - consistently provides subject matter expertise of Infrastructure services. Influences technical decision through depth of technical knowledge
- Technical skills and knowledge in the following:
- Strong skills in Azure Resource Manager
- Strong C# knowledge
- Experience with JSON ARM templates
- SQL Server (all versions) design / tune
- Hands-on practical experience of SQL Server 2016
- Experience of deploying highly available SQL Server Always On availability groups in Azure
- Microsoft Server up to 2012 R2
- IP networking, VLAN, Firewall, VPN
- Microsoft Active Directory and related services (GPO, DNS)
- Experience of at least one Azure deployment in the last 6 months of a production workload
- Leadership - effectively manages change within and across own department
- Lateral thinking - can see the bigger picture and visualize the longer-term impact of decisions
- Planning and organization - plans ahead and establishes appropriate courses of action to achieve objectives; monitors performance against targets and implements improvements when necessary
- Business and problem analysis - able to analyze business performance data and effectively determines the key issues on which to focus for the department
- Communication - expresses ideas and information clearly and concisely in both written format and verbally
- Adaptability and flexibility - willing to take personal responsibility for issues through to resolution
- Personal drive and motivation - demonstrates a passion for New Signature's success, setting high standards for self; committed to the value of own role and continual personal development
ABOUT NEW SIGNATURE
New Signature delivers an amazing customer experience to small, mid-sized, enterprise and public sector customers and helps them solve business challenges with Microsoft solutions. Our process-driven approach is specifically designed to consistently deliver success to customers that need support for complex projects that require substantial creativity, strategic vision and stellar technology expertise.
We help our customers make major investment decisions through rigorous economic analysis that presents the value of Microsoft solutions. We then provide hands-on IT expertise to plan, design, deploy, customize and extend, manage and support their Microsoft solutions. New Signature ensures a maximum ROI by delivering customized user adoption and learning solutions for business users and IT professionals.
New Signature provides customers with the power of choice, implementing private, hybrid and public cloud solutions. We help our customers leverage Microsoft technologies: Office 365, Azure, Skype for Business, Exchange, SharePoint, System Center, Windows Intune, Dynamics CRM, Yammer, Windows Server, Hyper-V, Active Directory, Forefront Identity Manager, SQL Server, Windows 10, and Office.
New Signature is the 2015 and 2014 Microsoft United States Partner of the Year. New Signature earned this top honor among all partners in the United States by demonstrating excellence in innovation and implementation of Microsoft services and devices.
We are also proud to have been recognized as the 2015 Microsoft SMB Champs Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft East Region Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft Mid-Atlantic Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft New York Metro Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft Mid-Atlantic Cloud OS Partner of the Year and 2014 Microsoft YouthSpark Citizenship Partner of the Year Finalist.
New Signature was named to Inc 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies for the 5th consecutive year.
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States or Canada (depending on the location of the job) within three days of being employed. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check in both the US and Canada. These record checks can include any or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, drug screening and criminal record check. Positions that require significant travel may also require a driving record check.
New Signature is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.