Azure Data Architect
Applied Innovation | Washington, DC - Metro Area | Full Time
The Azure Data Architect role drives high priority customer initiatives, leveraging Azure data services to solve the biggest and most complex data challenges faced by our customers. This is a technical role, accountable for the end-to-end deployment and usage for Azure data services.
- Interface with delivery teams to design Azure data services solutions in support of the over-arching analytics services solution, including SQL Database, Document DB, SQL Data Warehouse, HD Insight, Azure Machine Learning, Stream Analytics, Data Factory, Event Hubs and Notification Hubs
- Architect scalable data processing and analytics solutions, including technical feasibility for Big Data storage, processing and consumption e.g., development of enterprise Data Lake strategy, heterogeneous data management, Polyglot Persistence, decision support over Data Lake
- Design, coordinate and execute pilots, prototypes or proof of concepts, provide validation on specific scenarios. Report on progress of business objectives; Ensure plan execution, Document and share technical best practices / insights with Engineering teams and the solution architect community
- 3+ years of experience with deep understanding in both traditional and modern data architecture and processing concepts, including relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle), Data warehousing, big data (Hadoop, Spark, Storm), noSQL, and business analytics
- 3+ years of success in consultative/complex technical deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solutions)
- Understanding of big data use-cases and Hadoop-based design patterns Knowledge of real time/stream analytics trends
- 3+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of complex application architectures (i.e. having an architectural sense for connecting data sources, data visualization, structured and unstructured data, etc.)
- Demonstrable hands-on experience implementing Big Data solutions using Microsoft Data Platform and Azure Data Services
- Experience operationalizing end-to-end cloud analytics solutions
- Experience creating data factories, orchestrating data processing activities in a data-driven workflow, monitoring and managing the data factory, moving, transforming and analyzing data
- Designing data pipelines to support machine-learning solutions
- Proficient with Azure cloud computing including big data technologies.
- Azure SQL DB/DW, HD Insight, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Data Lake Analytics, Azure Machine Learning, Stream Analytics, Azure Data Factory, and CosmosDB.
- Desired certifications and accreditations preferably one or more of below or comparable:
- Microsoft Azure Designing and Implementing Big Data Analytics Solutions (70-475)
- Microsoft Azure Designing and Implementing Cloud Data Platform Solutions (70-473)
- Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Data Science
- Hortonworks (Associate, HDPCD)
- Experience of hybrid and/or cloud architectures that utilize Azure
- Experience in or exposure to solutions that are analytical in nature, employing data-centric architectures
- Data technology literate with a detailed understanding of data architecture and data tools and technologies, in particular in memory/in database and open source technology.
- Must reside in an area where New Signature has a client presence, such as the metropolitan areas around Toronto ON (preferred) Atlanta GA, Washington DC, Philadelphia PA, New York City NY, Boston MA
- May require up to 30% travel
ABOUT NEW SIGNATURE
New Signature is a cloud-first, full-service Microsoft partner committed to delivering innovative technology solutions that solve human challenges. Behind every interaction is our dedication to provide outstanding experiences and to build authentic relationships with those around us. We are passionate about driving transformational results for clients across all company sizes, geographies and industries. The New Signature team delivers full lifecycle solutions—from project inception and planning, through deployment to ongoing support and maintenance.
New Signature was named the top Microsoft partner in the United States and the United Kingdom in 2014 and again in the United States in 2015—becoming the first partner ever to win the prestigious US Partner of the Year award two years in a row. With over 600 individual technology certifications, New Signature is a recognized expert at the forefront of Microsoft advancements and couples these powerful technologies with exceptional services to empower our customers, colleagues, and community.
For US Applicants: New Signature is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). E-Verify is only used upon acceptance of a job offer and completion of the Form I-9.
If you require this notice in another language provided by DHS us at 202-452-5923
Click here for more information on Your Right to Work or Visit the USCIS website here for more information on E-Verify
For Canadian Applicants: New Signature is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, New Signature will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call 416.971.4267. Please ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
All Applicants: New Signature is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.