Azure Cloud Consultant (East Coast - remote)
Infrastructure Services | remote | Full Time
Azure Cloud Consultant (East Coast - remote)
The Azure Cloud Consultant drives high priority customer initiatives on Azure with customers. The individual is highly technical, customer facing, and accountable for end-to-end customer cloud deployments.
The individual will own technical customer engagement including: some project management, architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts, and lead deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud deployment.
- Drive deployment of customer workloads into Azure and increase their consumption of the platform by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers’ cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers
- Accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts by providing deep technical expertise and support for customers migrating complex workloads to the cloud
- Ability to adjust and change a proposed design completely and still address customer requirements and timelines
- Has passed or is close to passing at least one of the Azure technical certification exams (70-532, 70-533, or 70-534)
- Possesses a deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Successful in building technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical deployment projects
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in “migrating” on-premises workloads to the cloud
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle concepts and designing platforms to suit specific application requirements
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
- Experience with SQL and PaaS a plus
- Any networking, security or competitive product experience such as Cisco and Amazon is a plus.
- Time management and time accounting is a must as this is a billable role for client delivery
- Deep IaaS knowledge around workload transition and migration is a plus
- Ability to stay current on Azure technology outside of the work environment compliments this role (i.e. – lab work, Azure tenant, O365 tenant, blogging and writing)
- May require up to 30% travel
ABOUT NEW SIGNATURE
New Signature delivers an amazing customer experience to small, mid-sized, enterprise and public sector customers and helps them solve business challenges with Microsoft solutions. Our process driven approach is specifically designed to consistently deliver success to customers that need support for complex projects that require substantial creativity, strategic vision and stellar technology expertise.
We help our customers make major investment decisions through rigorous economic analysis that presents the value of Microsoft solutions. We then provide hands-on IT expertise to plan, design, deploy, customize and extend, manage and support their Microsoft solutions. New Signature ensures a maximum ROI by delivering customized user adoption and learning solutions for business users and IT professionals.
New Signature provides customers with the power of choice, implementing private, hybrid and public cloud solutions. We help our customers leverage Microsoft technologies: Office 365, Azure, Skype for Business, Exchange, SharePoint, System Center, Windows Intune, Dynamics CRM, Yammer, Windows Server, Hyper-V, Active Directory, Forefront Identity Manager, SQL Server, Windows 10, and Office.
New Signature is the 2015 and 2014 Microsoft United States Partner of the Year. New Signature earned this top honor among all partners in the United States by demonstrating excellence in innovation and implementation of Microsoft services and devices.
We are also proud to have been recognized as the 2015 Microsoft SMB Champs Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft East Region Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft Mid-Atlantic Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft New York Metro Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft Mid-Atlantic Cloud OS Partner of the Year and 2014 Microsoft YouthSpark Citizenship Partner of the Year Finalist.
New Signature was named to Inc 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies for the 5th consecutive year.
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States or Canada (depending on the location of the job) within three days of being employed. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check in both the US and Canada. These record checks can include any or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, drug screening and criminal record check. Positions that require significant travel may also require a driving record check.
New Signature is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.