Agile Business Analyst (Houston, TX)
Infrastructure Services | Houston, TX | Full Time
The Agile Business Analyst provides solutions to business problems. This position supports project initiatives including identifying and analyzing preliminary business needs, benefits, time and resource estimates, and defining the project scope and objectives to meet strategic organizational goals. This role also supports the definition of business cases and benefits tracking. Experience in ITIL/ITSM is essential for this role.
- Lead requirements gathering and management through workshop facilitation, product backlog grooming and continuous feedback loops with the customer and internal team
- Regular grooming of the backlog to ensure the appropriate level of detail is captured at the right time
- Planning and facilitation of the various Agile meetings and artifacts, including sprint planning, reviews and retrospectives, and daily stand-up meetings
- Lead ITIL/ITSM workshops with external service management teams to derive stories related to the project
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments and removing roadblocks to their work
- Leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work
- Mentoring and developing team members
- Primary contact point, managing stakeholder expectations for project deliverables and communications
- Maintaining maximum customer satisfaction
- Possess in-depth knowledge and application of use cases, process maps, data flows and diagrams
- Experience with Agile methodologies, user stories/journeys, and working alongside developers and architects
- Demonstrated experience in ITIL frameworks, service management disciplines
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proficient knowledge of requirements gathering processes and analysis
- Ability to create and refine product backlogs and assist product owners in determining priorities
- Experience of working in agile teams using KANBAN and SCRUM delivery process frameworks
- Ability to agree on effective acceptance criteria in collaboration with product owner
- Experience facilitating Product Backlog Refinement sessions, or other similar meetings
- Support the product owner in generating and maintaining the product roadmap/horizon
- Solid understanding and demonstrated experience in using relevant tools:
- Agile Project Management tools such as TFS or equivalent
- Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Collaboration - works effectively as a team whether as part of a department or virtual project team; assists team and fulfills obligations
- Autonomy - works under broad or no direction during the project life cycle; Is fully accountable for own work and/or project/supervisory responsibilities
- Influence - influences team and specialist peers internally; influences customers at the required level or understands when to invite other influencers to fulfill a specific role
- Business skills - selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications; plans, schedules, and monitors work to meet time and quality targets in accordance with relevant legislation and procedures
- Sales and technical skills - can identify an opportunity to increase/upsell the project; understands the sales process and can assist the smooth transition from order to project completion
- Personal drive and motivation - demonstrates a passion for New Signature's success, setting high standards for self and others; committed to the value of own role and continual personal development
ABOUT NEW SIGNATURE
New Signature delivers an amazing customer experience to small, mid-sized, enterprise and public sector customers and helps them solve business challenges with Microsoft solutions. Our process-driven approach is specifically designed to consistently deliver success to customers that need support for complex projects that require substantial creativity, strategic vision, and stellar technology expertise.
We help our customers make major investment decisions through rigorous economic analysis that presents the value of Microsoft solutions. We then provide hands-on IT expertise to plan, design, deploy, customize and extend, manage and support their Microsoft solutions. New Signature ensures a maximum ROI by delivering customized user adoption and learning solutions for business users and IT professionals.
New Signature provides customers with the power of choice, implementing private, hybrid and public cloud solutions. We help our customers leverage Microsoft technologies: Office 365, Azure, Skype for Business, Exchange, SharePoint, System Center, Windows Intune, Dynamics CRM, Yammer, Windows Server, Hyper-V, Active Directory, Forefront Identity Manager, SQL Server, Windows 10, and Office.
New Signature is the 2015 and 2014 Microsoft United States Partner of the Year. New Signature earned this top honor among all partners in the United States by demonstrating excellence in innovation and implementation of Microsoft services and devices.
We are also proud to have been recognized as the 2015 Microsoft SMB Champs Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft East Region Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft Mid-Atlantic Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft New York Metro Partner of the Year, 2014 Microsoft Mid-Atlantic Cloud OS Partner of the Year and 2014 Microsoft YouthSpark Citizenship Partner of the Year Finalist.
New Signature was named to Inc 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies for the 5th consecutive year.
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States or Canada (depending on the location of the job) within three days of being employed. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check in both the US and Canada. These record checks can include any or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, drug screening and criminal record check. Positions that require significant travel may also require a driving record check.
New Signature is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.