Active Directory Migration Engineer (Alpharetta, GA)
Infrastructure Services | Alpharetta, GA | Contract
Active Directory Migration Consultant
Are you a technical professional with a broad knowledge of Microsoft’s system infrastructure products with specific knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory configuration and consolidation? Do you have experience consolidating AD environments and performing complex cross-forest migrations? If so, this position may be for you.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work with the latest Microsoft technologies to solve real business problems
- Work with an experienced team of professional consultants and technical advisors
- Grow technically, professionally, and personally
- Solve complex information systems challenges
- Work with multiple, industry-diverse clients
- A minimum of 5 years experience in an Information Systems related field such as systems administrator, or network engineer with experience using the AD migration tools such as Active Directory Migration Tool (ADMT), Quest / Dell, or Binary tree
- A minimum of 2 years consulting experience and proven ability to gather and assess business requirements, develop and present solution alternatives, produce design and migration strategy documents, provide guidance and knowledge transfer to client staff, and test / implement an approved design
- Core skill set should include industry knowledge and experience with AD migration tools, PKI, Directory Services, Federation Services, Identity Management, Rights Management
- Core skill set should include mid to expert level knowledge in TWO or more of the following technologies
- Microsoft’s Active Directory Domain Services 2008 R2 or higher
- Microsoft’s Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (ADLDS)
- Microsoft’s Active Directory Rights Management Services (RMS)
- Microsoft Azure AD and related services (MFA, SSPR, ATA, RMS)
- Microsoft’s Identity Manager (FIM/MIM)
- Microsoft’s Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS)
- Microsoft’s Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS)
- Microsoft Web Application Proxy
Preference given to candidates with strong backgrounds in
- Office 365
- Broad knowledge of other Microsoft systems infrastructure products such as Azure, Office 365, and Windows Server
- MCSE Certification (Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012)
- Ability to script batch information gathering and AD object changes activities in PowerShell
- Detail oriented, organized, self-motivated, and self-sufficient
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills and team orientation
- Strong business writing and verbal communication skills
- High-level of professionalism, integrity and commitment to quality
- Demonstrated Initiative and positive can-do attitude
- Desire to pursue applicable professional development and certifications
- Acceptable to change in daily and weekly work routines
- Ability and desire to stay current of new technologies and solutions
ABOUT NEW SIGNATURE
New Signature is a cloud-first, full-service Microsoft partner committed to delivering innovative technology solutions that solve human challenges. Behind every interaction is our dedication to provide outstanding experiences and to build authentic relationships with those around us. We are passionate about driving transformational results for clients across all company sizes, geographies and industries. The New Signature team delivers full lifecycle solutions—from project inception and planning, through deployment to ongoing support and maintenance.
New Signature was named the top Microsoft partner in the United States and the United Kingdom in 2014 and again in the United States in 2015—becoming the first partner ever to win the prestigious US Partner of the Year award two years in a row. With over 600 individual technology certifications, New Signature is a recognized expert at the forefront of Microsoft advancements and couples these powerful technologies with exceptional services to empower our customers, colleagues, and community.
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States or Canada (depending on the location of the job) within three days of being employed. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check and provide references in both the US and Canada. These record checks can include any or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, drug screening and criminal record check. Positions that require significant travel may also require a driving record check.
New Signature is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.