Business Development Representative
Sales | Pompano Beach, FL | Contract
We are growing!
The New Pelican is expanding and has immediate openings for full- and part-time Business Development professionals to serve our Broward territories from our Pompano Beach office.
We are seeking highly articulate and self-motivated individuals with a competitive spirit to develop new accounts into print and digital advertising clients.
Business Development Representative (BDR). Calls on leads to identify and qualify potential prospects. This role requires the ability to manage a high volume of outbound calls and emails as per the marketing campaign or lead generation initiatives in play. The BDR will have excellent and professional communication skills, verbal and in writing. This role prepares you for an exciting and rewarding sales career in the highly competitive print and digital advertising arena.
We are looking to hire our next BDR Superstar to accelerate and grow our sales talent from within.
Following Sales & Marketing Leadership guidance, BDRs will:
- On a weekly basis, launch the corresponding sales campaign according to a defined strategy
- Follow steps, according to the campaign, to connect and produce high-quality leads
- On a daily basis, systematically make phone calls to business owners or C-Level Executives
- Qualify leads by understanding their business requirements and processes; as soon as positively qualified, convert them to Account Executives
- Properly recording all activities in our CRM system as they occur
- Acquiring and maintaining a working knowledge of print and digital advertising products
You are New Pelican's first point of contact; your professionalism and quality of service are of utmost importance in this role.
- At least 2 years of experience as an Inside Sales Agent or as an Outbound Sales Representative selling advertising Solutions, preferably, print and digital advertising
- Persistent and motivated individual with a competitive mindset, and a “roll-up-the-sleeves” and “get the job done” attitude
- Goal-oriented with excellent time management skills
- Outgoing and personable with excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Desire to work in the print and digital advertising industry
Equal Opportunity Employer
The 27-year-old Pelican Newspaper has become the dominant newspaper in Northeast Broward. We cover Deerfield Beach, Hillsboro Beach, Pompano Beach, Oakland Park, Wilton Manors, Lighthouse Point, and Lauderdale by the Sea. The Pelican offers the most in-depth coverage of local news and views and is published every Friday. You can find The Pelican in any of over 600 distribution points including Publix and Walgreens across our cities.