Construction Estimator/ Project Manager
Construction | Riverton, UT | Full Time | Opened 24 days ago
We are a locally owned family business that has been running strong for over 80 years. In 1930, Newman Construction started with William Paul Newman and his one ton truck, hauling coal from Price Utah along with soil that they loaded manually, shovel in hand. Throughout the 1950’s Newman Construction installed the first sewer systems in small towns throughout the Salt Lake Valley and Wyoming. Throughout the 60’s and 70’s Jeff Newman led the way for the company, excavating for the railroad, military, University of Utah hospital, and school districts; creating football fields for Hillcrest High School and Skyline High School. Ever since then, Newman Construction has proudly been serving Utah and surrounding states installing underground utilities, excavating, building homes and creating a solid reputation with roots that keep us continuing to grow and thrive over 80 years later!
We're looking for an experienced individual to help prepare cost estimates for commercial construction projects. Aid in management compiling, analyzing and submitting costs to clients.
- Analyze labor, material, and time requirements for a project in order to thoroughly understand each project’s scope of work
- Estimate total project costs and provide leadership in ensuring plans are complete and biddable
- Present cost estimates to our internal management team as well as the project owner
- Prepare reports detailing all of the costs going into a project and options for value
- Track cost data
- Analyze differences between estimated cost and actual cost
- Work with team to prepare proposals and schematic estimates
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with key clients
Good working knowledge of Earthwork, Sitework, Utilities, Grading, Paving, Directional Drilling and/or Hydroexcavation.
Computer skills including excel and word
Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to communicate with those at all levels.
Must be highly motivated and a self-starter
Possess analytical skills and math background
Experience estimating and doing take-offs is a plus
Thorough understanding of contracts, plans, specifications, and regulations
Ability to read construction drawings and understand industry scope of work
Verifies that subcontractors have signed all agreements and forms before work has commenced.
Responsible for the punch-list competition and directs all job closeout requirements
Assist Accounting in obtaining timely payment of services
Coordinate and follow the agenda outline format for all progress meetings
Research and complete all correspondence regarding the assigned project such as change orders and project status reports.
- College Degree (or in progress) in engineering, construction management or related field is a big plus
- Experience with Heavy Bid, Heavy Sub, AGTEK or Bluebeam software is preferred!
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Heath & Dental Benefits
- Company matched SIMPLE IRA
- Fun work atmosphere with a great team
- Free Refreshments