Bladehand/ Heavy Equipment Operator
Construction | Riverton, UT | Full Time
Essential duties and responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Ability to operate various pieces of heavy equipment such as a backhoe, excavator, loader and motor grader in a safe and efficient manner per company safety standards.
- Experience with GPS is a plus
- Grading experience is preferred
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications.
- Conduct equipment inspections, grease, and oil daily to maintain proper working condition.
- Keep the equipment clean.
- Report any need for repairs to the site Supervisor immediately.
- Finish Skip loader
- Ability to complete all aspects of grading work.
- 2+ years’ experience operating heavy equipment listed above (no forklift operators please)
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Heavy Equipment Operator: 2+ years (Preferred)
- Grader Operation: 2 years (Preferred)
- HWY CONSTRUCTION: 1 years (Preferred)
- Multiple locations (mostly local)
· Minimum two (2) years of experience in the heavy/civil construction industry.
· Thorough understanding of the operation of a bulldozer.
· Post-offer drug/alcohol screen and physical evaluation.
· New Hire Orientation Quiz
· Applicant/employee must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of such individual or others in the workplace.
· Job site safety requirements as required by the client (steel toe boots, etc.).
· Safety equipment as required by the client (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, respirator, hearing protection, safety harness with lanyard, etc.).
· Mobility Barriers to Access Job Site:
o Uneven ground level
o Obstructed pathways
o Work performed at low and/or high elevations
o Work performed in confined areas
· Climatic/Environmental Conditions at Job Site:
o Predominately outdoor climate
o May be exposed to extreme hot or cold weather
o Excessive humidity, rain, etc.
o Various noise levels caused by tools, machinery, equipment, etc.
o Potential exposure to chemical substances
· Must comply with company’s drug and alcohol policy.
· Must be able to pass physical examination, pre-employment if necessary, and as required by the company.
· Able to carry 50 lbs. of tool and/or materials. It is recommended to get assistance to lift items over 50 lbs. Check with your project supervisor or project safety director.
· Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time
· Must be able to work extended hours on your feet on uneven surfaces (dirt, concrete, asphalt, mud, gravel, etc.)
SIMPLE IRA with company match
- SIMPLE IRA with company match
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Waiting periods may apply
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Full Time
- Overtime (varies)
- Weekends (vary)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Has the ability to use a 140 or 14M Motor Grader
SERIOUS APPLICANTS ONLY!!! WE WILL NOT CONSIDER ANY APPLICANT THAT DOES NOT MEET THE MINIMUM OPERATING REQUIREMENTS!! ONLY CONSTRUCTION HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATORS! NO FORKLIFT OPERATORS!
$20.00 - $23.00 per hour based on experience