Development | Paterson, NJ | Full Time
New City Kids: Paterson is a nonprofit startup with a unique program model and amazing results. 100% of New City Kids seniors graduate high school and attend college, while receiving life-changing internship, mentoring, and gospel-oriented experiences. Youth spend 3,000-5,000 hours at New City Kids during their time with us. New City Kids is looking for a passionate candidate to work with the Executive Director to grow New City Kids at a critical time. A successful candidate will have a sales or nonprofit fundraising experience or a strong ability to learn and implement, as well as a passion for rolling up their sleeves to move the mission forward on a small team.
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Grant Writing and Reporting (12 hours/week)
- Work with Executive Director to formulate and write grants to solicit funding from both existing and prospective private and corporate foundations.
- Collect information to create and send reports to existing granting agencies in a timely manner.
Corporate and Church Partner Engagement (8 hours/week)
- Introduce prospective corporate sponsors and funders partners to New City Kids: Paterson through phone calls, letter writing campaigns, cold calls, ongoing networking, and other avenues.
- Engage churches by planning church visit calendar, leading 2-3 of the church visits a year, and facilitating opportunities for churches to be involved with the organization.
Individual Donor Development (12 hours/week)
- Lead and steward volunteer program that connects passionate people with program needs.
- Steward relationships with current donors.
- Work with Director to engage with prospective donors.
Event Planning & Marketing (5 hours/week)
- Support events including logistics and movement of personnel and equipment.
- Market fundraising events to hit attendance goals for each event and follow up with all leads.
- Ensure creation of new marketing materials as needed; keep current materials updated.
Administrative & Program Support (3 hours/week)
- Assist Executive Director by helping as needed to keep an organized and efficient office.
- Support HR process through creation and dissemination of job descriptions, screening of candidates, and scheduling of interviews.
- Be personally engaged in the life of After School Center once a week.
- Christian Commitment – is a mature Christian who strives to make Christ Lord
- Confident Communicator – excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; can clearly communicate the urgency of our mission
- Teachable Spirit – ability to take, process, and implement feedback; a desire to always improve
- Strong Work Ethic – is results-oriented and able to concentrate on the task on hand to accomplish goals and deliver assignments on time with high level of excellence
- Administration – is organized, attentive to detail, can manage multiple long and short-term projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines
- Strong Computer Literacy
- Dedicated Team Member – has the flexibility and willingness to complete tasks that fall outside of one’s job description; demonstrated ability to work on a multi-cultural team
- Nonprofit or sales experience preferred
- Grant-writing experience helpful but not necessary
- Bachelor’s degree
- Reports to – Executive Director
- Compensation – $35,000-$45,000/year (DOE) + health insurance + HSA + paid vacation
- Hours – Full Time - schedule will include one regular evening, occasional weekends, and will be based on organization need
- Start date – Immediate
New City Kids: Paterson is a high energy, creative program for and with youth in Paterson, NJ that is unique in trusting teens with leadership. Our mission is “Loving kids for change to create a community of academic, leadership, musical and spiritual development.” It is a joyful place filled with laughter and hard work, and has an excellent staff of dedicated adults who love children. We employ local high school students as interns to lead an excellent and unique music-focused after school center and summer camp for children age 6-13, which provides a platform for a whole host of development opportunities for children. As kids and teens engage New City Kids, we come alongside them and invite them to know the power of the gospel and to become disciples of Jesus Christ.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Jeremy Jerschina
511 East 22nd Street, 2nd Floor; Paterson, NJ 07514 • (973) 279-9135 • www.newcitykids.org