Operations | Cambridge & Boston Metro Area | Full Time and Part Time
We are growing and are looking for hardworking, enthusiastic people to add to our company!
New Chapter Home Improvement is a residential and commercial Home Improvement contractor, offering a wide range of quality services to our customers. We are currently looking to add a skilled Paint Technician to our team.
Our ideal candidate will have proven experience and solid technical skills and knowledge, as well as superb customer service experience.
- Apply coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of buildings and other structures.
- Surface Prep: Smooth surfaces using sandpaper, brushes, or steel wool, and/or remove old paint from surfaces using paint remover, scraper, wire brush, or blowtorch to prepare surfaces for painting.
- Fill nail holes, cracks, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other filler, using caulking gun and putty knife
- Post job surface/area cleaning
- Five or more years painting experience
- Proven experience in mixing colors and amounts of paints and stains to meet the satisfaction of clients
- Sharp eye for detail
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a VALID Drivers License AND operate your own motor vehicle
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong Verbal communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, write, and follow written and oral instructions
- Five or more years paining or related experience
- Knowledge of cleaning solutions and materials
- Able to work occasional overtime and other shifts
- Must be a team player and treat co-workers with respect
- Regular and reliable attendance is expected
- Ability to reach and to lift materials weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Manual dexterity, overall coordination and good balance are required. Ability to stand, walk, and move rapidly for an eight (8) hour work shift. Ability to bend, stoop, twist and turn, climb stairs, ladders, and on trucks.
- Ability to perform repetitious arm and wrist movements.
- Mental alertness to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities.
- On occasion, able to work other shifts and overtime.
- Ability to learn new tasks and procedures.
- Ability to move furniture and equipment.
- Successful completion of an apprenticeship
- Certificate of additional training
- Portfolio of work