Sr. GIS Analyst
Exploration | Houston, TX | Full Time
NEOS GeoSolutions is a technology-driven solution oriented exploration service company that develops proprietary technologies and methodologies which enable customers and partners to more rapidly, cost-effectively and accurately explore for hydrocarbon and mineral resources, while minimizing the environmental impact, risk and cycle-time. The Company has combined new data acquisition, processing and interpretation technologies and methodologies into a fully integrated exploration system, which is being successfully deployed in regions of North and South America.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Sr. Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst.
The GIS Analyst position will join a team of highly motivated geologists and geophysicists in performing integrated interpretations to support NEOS’s business needs and global energy initiatives.
Use mapping software and resources to search, acquire, process and interpret images for land categorization and 3D seismic.
Integrate RS/GIS data to develop geospatial models for well and drilling analysis
Create computer models extracting identifications from hyperspectral data and generating GIS products
Design and create Remote Sensing images for maintaining in the NEOS catalog library
Coordinate/manage survey projects including satellite acquisition and aerial mapping using satellite and airborne systems
Using SQL and mapping software products, maintains awareness of product enhancements, especially related to data integration and GIS specialties
- Collect and load GravMag data from field database
Supported GIS data access, editing, conversion and delivery
- Acquire, process, interpret and deliver satellite and aircraft imagery using existing mapping tools and resources
Analyze airborne hyperspectral data and field spectral data and develop spectral models identifying anomalies, thermal anomalies, minerals, surface alteration, or hydrocarbon on the ground
- Bachelor's degree with major course work in geography, computer science, GIS or a related field (equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements)
- 7+ years GIS systems/software, architecture, analysis, or geo-processing
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of various ESRI (ArcGIS, SDE, SDO, ArcView, AML, Avenue, ArcInfo, ArcObjects, ArcGIS Server, etc.)
- Solid understanding of data acquisition and how geophysical data can be utilized in relation to hydrocarbon and mineral exploration
- Able to perform both “quick look” analyses on minimal data as well as rigorous, comprehensive geophysical studies
- Knowledge of, or expertise / experience with airborne data acquisition and processing
- Competent in the use of SMT, Geosoft, ENVI, knowledge of mapping packages such as ARC View
What is in it for you:
- A chance to work with great leaders and build a company
- An opportunity to influence change and improve operational processes in the field
- A chance to work in a high visibility position where your efforts and work can lead to success
- Career development opportunities that will advance your career
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits packages are offered