Cultivation | Oakland, CA | Full Time
710 Labs is a growing cannabis company with multi-state expansion plans. 710 Labs is renowned for offering only connoisseur level products grown entirely in-house, taking sometimes absurd extra steps unheard of in an industry of fast commodity. Innovation is at our core, from cultivating talent and culture to leading the industry in education. Join our fast-growing team.
The sanitation technician is an important cultivation team member providing a clean foundation free of pests and pathogens for us to grow. This is a labor intensive role, physically demanding, and fast paced in a cultivation environment. This position has many opportunities to learn more about cultivation and maintenance, and will be assisting both the cultivation and maintenance teams as needed in various tasks. The Sanitation Technician will report directly to the Cultivation Supervisor.
- Work in a fast paced environment on your feet all day, standing, squatting, bending, and lifting more than 25lbs
- Use a variety of industrial chemicals to clean and sanitize cultivation spaces including grow room floors, walls, ceilings, and hallways between and connecting rooms.
- Maintain a clean and organized storage area, adhering to OSHA, BCC, and DPA regulatory guidelines for chemical and pesticide storage and disposal.
- Must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment, including a Tyvek suit and full face respirator, when handling various sanitation/cultivation chemicals and pesticides.
- Remove green waste and used grow media(coco coir) from cultivation sites, load into baler, and dispose of into a dumpster.
- Operate a large industrial baler, compressing green waste and grow media into bales for disposal.
- Clean up spills and leaks, ensure safety signs are visible to employees for wet floors, oily surfaces, and other occupational hazards.
- Must understand and consistently follow all cultivation sanitation SOPs, adhering to the cultivation schedule to complete cleaning grow rooms on time.
- Must be comfortable working in hot and humid environments for extended periods of time.
- Participate, as needed, in various cultivation tasks ( including pruning, defoliating, applying trellis net, etc.), harvest tasks, and light maintenance duties.
- Performs any other tasks delegated by the Cultivation Supervisor.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.