Operations | Beverly Hills, CA | Full Time
ABOUT 710 LABS:
At 710 Labs, our mission is simple: to disrupt the industry through obsessive quality. We believe in quality over everything – quality people, quality thinking, quality expression, quality of life. We believe in open communication and genuine collaboration where everyone has a voice. We rise together as a team and as an industry.
710 Labs is an award-winning multi-state cannabis brand obsessed with making the richest flavored, organic, small batch cannabis on the planet. We are the OGs that hand select and hunt exotic cultivars from the most renowned breeders. We collaborate with artists such as Richard Prince, LSD World Peace, Astral Oracles, The Elder Statesman and Camp High among others for exclusive accessories and product drops. Come join us.
710 Labs is seeking an experienced Packaging Development Manager who loves everything packaging. You will be responsible for managing the full lifecycle of packaging development, from initial brief to production to launch. This role will be reporting into the Director of Operations. You will work closely with Creative, Marketing, Product Development, Facility Operations and Logistics. Our ideal candidate is organized, proactive and loves collaborating cross-functionally to deliver quality packaging for our quality products.
- Manage every stage of the packaging development process (for existing and new SKUs), from concept to sourcing to launch, ensuring cross-functional alignment throughout the design and development phases
- Partner with existing vendors and source new suppliers to maximize margin targets, quality expectations and timely delivery to facilities for launch
- Maintain accurate specifications for packaging materials and SOPs
- Manage all packaging timelines and processes, especially as it relates to internal and external partners
- Streamline workflow, maximize efficiencies, and drive cost saving initiatives as it relates to packaging
- Ensure creative and samples are approved by all necessary internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with Marketing and Creative divisions during initial concepting and creative review meetings
- Keen understanding of cannabis packaging compliance rules and regulations across multiple states
- Work with legal to ensure compliance prior to production
- Develop and maintain full packaging line-sheet on a day-to-day basis
- Establish BOMs, creating SKUs and component codes
- Assemble final kitting decks for facilities, ensuring clear instructions for assembly, standardization and maintenance of finished goods specifications
- Commercialization tasks for new product launches, including dieline collection and review
- Create, maintain, and optimize packaging forecasts that coincide with production and sales targets, while optimizing freight costs and ensuring proper stock levels across all product categories
- 5 years managing packaging lifecycle for multiple SKUs, preferably within the cannabis industry, directly managing projects and owning deliverables preferred
- Strong project management skills, including stakeholder and timeline management
- Strong analytical skills
- Proactive mindset to anticipate issues and provide solutions prior to production
- Proficient with Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office, and Google Sheets
- Exceptional organizational skillset with an incredible eye for detail
- Ability to work collaboratively and also independently
- Knowledgeable of sustainable packaging options and material recycling guidelines
- Expert knowledge of different packaging types
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.