Harvest | Homestead, FL | Full Time
At 710 Labs, our mission is simple: to disrupt the industry through obsessive quality. We believe in quality over everything – quality people, quality thinking, quality expression, quality of life. We believe in open communication and genuine collaboration where everyone has a voice. We rise together as a team and as an industry.
710 Labs is an award-winning multi-state cannabis brand obsessed with making the richest flavored, organic, small batch cannabis on the planet. We are the OGs that hand select and hunt exotic cultivars from the most renowned breeders. We collaborate with artists such as Richard Prince, LSD World Peace, Astral Oracles, The Elder Stateman and Camp High among others for exclusive accessories and product drops.
Come join us.
The Nursery Manager will be required to learn how different cultivars/strains grow, and how to identify a variety of pests/pathogens. This is a complex position that requires good organizational skills, critical thinking, and the ability to adapt to rapidly changing tasks.
- Ensure all genetics are kept alive and in good health, bi-weekly inventory checks on all genetics and tracking of location within the nursery. Update veg inventory in provided spreadsheets or management software once inventory checks are completed
- Develop and maintain schedule of when to regenerate new cutting stock of all cultivars to secure safekeeping of genetic library
- Collaborate with Nursery Supervisor to diagnose and treat any plant health related issues in the nursery
- Troubleshoot all vegetative plant health issues including propagation, present and execute a gameplan for remediation
- Monitor both mother plants and the propagation room to ensure cutting stock aligns with annual cultivation schedule. Develop and present a contingency plan if cutting stock falls short of what's outlined in the annual cultivation schedule
- Develop and maintain a schedule of micropropagation in tissue culture that will backup all genetics - initiation of shoot tissue, initial subculture, and re-subculture to maintain redundancy of all cultivars in the companies genetic library
- Oversee and execute transfer of tissue culture ex-plants from shoot initiation formula to root initiation formula, transfer of rooted ex-plants to rockwool(or other media), and acclimatization of rooted ex-plants into the production cultivation environment
- Oversee and execute all seed germination, ensure maximum viability of seedings
- Administering and developing training programs for all nursery employees, writing/updating SOP’s and tracking KPI’s
- Any other task assigned by the Director of Cultivation
- Must have 2 years of experience directly managing a team of 4 or more employees in a production facility
- Bachelor's degree in plant science, business, or management, or 4+ years equivalent experience as a Manager in a commercial cannabis facility
- Minimum of 2 years experience overseeing the commercial propagation of cannabis in a regulated environment
- Familiarity with a wide variety of different cannabis cultivars, how they grow, and what techniques to apply in veg, pruning, generating cutting stock, and propagation according to an individual cultivar’s needs
- Must be adept in Metrc regulatory database, Excel spreadsheets, developing and tracking KPI’s, inventory management, labor forecasting, and efficient task delegation
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, coaching, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to analyze processes and information, identify problems and trends, and develop effective solutions and strategies
Please note that the regulations and laws of The State of Florida require persons working onsite at a cannabis facility to be at least 18 years of age.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.