Sponsorship Marketing Intern
Development & Community | Hybrid in Washington , DC | Internship
National Cherry Blossom Festival, Inc., a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization based in Washington, DC, is currently seeking an intern to assist the Business Development & Sponsorship team.
Company Description The National Cherry Blossom Festival, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting the beauty of nature and international friendship through year-round programs, events, and educational initiatives that enhance our environment, showcase arts and culture and build community spirit.
Event Sponsorship Internship Description Fundraising and sponsorships are integral aspects of the National Cherry Blossom Festival, and we are looking for candidates that are interested in learning and gaining experience in corporate sponsorships for the National Cherry Blossom Festival. This position requires attention to detail, strong communication and organizational skills, and solid computer knowledge.
The ideal candidate will be able to work well in a fast-paced, flexible, and energetic environment while maintaining a positive attitude and customer service to external partners. Tasks can include but are not limited to:
- Administrative support
- Database management
- Drafting proposals and executing recap reports
- Attending and supporting fundraising/stakeholder events as well as Festival events as it pertains to sponsorship service, activation, and execution
- August/September through early December 2023 with opportunities to extend through May 2024 for the 2024 Festival
- Between 20-25 hours per week between 9:00AM and 5:00PM (hours and schedule to be determined in consultation with the Business Development & Sponsorship Team)
- Attendance and participation onsite at Festival events; some nights and weekends during the Festival
- While some of the functions can be performed remotely, intern candidate must be available to meet and work from the NCBF office located in downtown DC
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university or college as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student
- Tech Savvy – knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Slack and Monday.com
- Detail oriented and organized with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with a variety of people and build teamwork
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information
- Effective in-person and remote communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
National Cherry Blossom Festival internships are unpaid, but college credit may be offered, dependent upon the educational institution’s guidelines and requirements. Monthly transportation stipend is available for interns who work at least 10 hours a week.