Marketing and Communications Media Partnerships Intern
Marketing & Communications | Hybrid in Washington , DC | Internship
National Cherry Blossom Festival, Inc., a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization based in Washington, DC, is currently seeking energetic, creative, and passionate Marketing & Communications Student Interns to assist the MarComm team in executing the 2024 Festival.
Organization Description The National Cherry Blossom Festival, Inc. is dedicated to promoting the beauty of nature and international friendship through year-round programs, events, and educational initiatives that enhance our environment, showcase arts and culture, and build community spirit.
The Marketing & Communications Media Partners Intern will contribute to the communication and marketing plans of a variety of National Cherry Blossom Festival programs and events for the 2024 Festival. Duties may include:
- Ensuring that media partner assets are fulfilled
- Assisting in the creation of the ad schedule onto CRM Monday.com
- Tagging assets as created on CRM Monday.com
- Entering asset values and estimated impressions onto CRM Monday.com
- Packaging and submission of all creative assets to media partners
- Cataloguing collateral from each Festival
The Festival is also seeking interns who wish to focus on a particular specialty (e.g., photography, design, video, social media, website, media monitoring, and campaign tracking). Depending on the area(s) of interest and level of expertise, the work can be structured to offer a valuable hands-on learning experience.
Time Requirements: The Festival is seeking fall interns who may wish to extend their internship experience through the spring, as well as interns who wish to work just one semester, either fall or spring. Event execution support is subject to the intern’s availability and discretion. Interns are asked to commit to at least one full semester supporting the Festival.
- September – December 2023: 10 to 15 hours per week between the hours of 9 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Start and end dates are flexible to align with semester schedules and internship academic credit requirements. Hours, schedule, and work format (virtual and/or onsite) are determined in consultation with the MarComm team and based on student availability. Evening availability to execute on the Festival Launch event (date TBD).
- January – May 2024: 10 to 15 hours per week between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. Start and end dates are flexible to align with semester schedules and internship academic credit requirements. Hours, schedule, and work format (virtual and/or onsite) are determined in consultation with the MarComm team and based on student availability. Evening and weekend availability to follow through on executing key Festival programs and events in March and April.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university or college as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student
- Passion for community engagement, the arts, and/or international friendship
- Detail oriented and organized with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (knowledge of AP Style preferred)
- Able to work independently and complete projects in a timely manner
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of people in an exciting, fast-paced environment
- Adobe Creative Suite and media monitoring software knowledge preferred but not required
- Photography and videography skills are a plus
National Cherry Blossom Festival internships are unpaid, but college credit may be offered dependent upon the educational institution’s guidelines and requirements. A transportation stipend is available for interns who work at least 10 hours a week.
In addition to a resume and cover letter, please include a PDF file of your portfolio by uploading and/or including a link to your samples on your CVI/res