Private Practice Physician - Internal/Family Medicine
Licensed Medical Providers | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Private Practice Physician in SF – Internal/Family Medicine, Addiction Medicine
My Doctor Medical Group is recruiting for an outstanding internist or family physician (MD or DO) to work full-time in our growing practice. MDMG is a private practice in San Francisco, widely referred to by physicians and our own patients for our expertise and commitment to optimal patient outcomes. Because we are physician-owned and operate outside of insurance contracts, MDMG practices with the highest level of ethical standards and without the conflicts-of-interest inherent in corporate or foundation-owned practices.
This is a rare opportunity to join a cohesive multidisciplinary team in an integrated medical and behavioral practice. Our spacious office -- in the heart of San Francisco's Financial District in the historic 450 Sutter building -- has a curated modern design throughout its 3,000 sq feet. Our integrative team consists of physicians, a physician assistant, psychotherapists, acupuncturists and a dietitian. Members of our clinical staff have autonomy, practice at the top of their license, and are supportive of each other’s well-being. Our collegial environment has an academic feel that offers many ongoing opportunities for learning, teaching, research and deep professional growth. Our Medical Director, Dr. Paul Abramson, provides personalized mentoring and training in this unique clinical care model.
Our ideal candidate would be a well-trained, motivated, team-oriented and psychologically-minded internist or family physician committed to practicing medicine in a meaningful setting with a sense of purpose, and who seeks to offer patients the highest quality of care while building a fulfilling career. Experience and expertise in addiction medicine would be a plus.
This is a full-time clinical position, on-site in downtown San Francisco. 4.5 days a week of clinical care, commonly 8-12 patients a day, plus a share of on-call responsibilities. Competitive salary DOE, with future opportunities for profit sharing. Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, 401k, malpractice, and CME.
Required Experience and Interests
- MD or DO degree from a top-tier medical school and undergraduate institution.
- BC/BE in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
- Licensed or license-eligible to practice medicine in California.
- A desire to practice both high-level adult medicine and integrated medical/behavioral treatment, including addiction medicine.
- Ability to provide high-level service with excellent bedside manner.
- An interest in using technology to augment high-quality clinical care.
- The desire to be an integral part of a collaborative team dedicated to providing optimal outcomes for each patient.
- An entrepreneurial attitude and ambition balanced with humility and a genuine desire for ongoing learning and growth.
- High-level professionalism and excellent communication skills.
My Doctor Medical Group takes an integrated and multidisciplinary approach, with attention to people-centered design and smart application of technology. We attract the highest-caliber team of health care providers and administrative staff. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be, unencumbered by the poorly-aligned incentives of the insurance system, so we can invest in a collaborative doctor-patient relationship. We embrace complexity and take a whole-person approach, achieving superior clinical outcomes by utilizing appropriate evidence-based methodologies combined with outside-the-box thinking.
- Outpatient adult medicine
- Addiction medicine
- Behavioral medicine (an integrated psychopharmacology and psychotherapy team)
- House calls
- Complex geriatric care
- Concierge medicine and executive health
- Integrative, mind-body and functional medicine
- Nutrition and food as medicine, including evolutionary approaches
- Psychedelic-assisted therapies and research
- Travel medicine
- Hospice and palliative care
- Inpatient hospital medicine
About the Founder
Paul Abramson MD founded My Doctor Medical Group in 2008 and serves as our Medical Director. Dr. Abramson holds two degrees in electrical engineering from Stanford, an MD degree from UCSF, and has a unique ability to design systems that integrate high-quality traditional medical care with innovative technology. He comes from a lineage of medical doctors who served as battlefield surgeons in each of the two World Wars. Dr. Abramson trained with Andrew Weil MD at the University of Arizona, and is doubly board-certified in Family Medicine and Addiction Medicine.
You may find more on our web site: http://mydoctorsf.com.
Please apply through this JobScore system. Or call us at 415-963-4431.