Patient Care Coordinator
Front Office | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The Patient Care Coordinators at My Doctor Medical Group are responsible for ensuring our patients have a 5-star experience from their first inquiring phone call through their ongoing medical care with us. A star-quality coordinator will have an upbeat personality, a desire to help, a keen intellect, meticulous attention to detail and a genuine love for people of all types. He will be patient and efficient -- at the same time! He will find satisfaction in the drive for perfection. She will embrace the practice philosophies, enjoy a team-based approach to work and appreciate our elegant work environment in the heart of downtown San Francisco.
About My Doctor Medical Group: We believe people deserve more control over their health and health care. My Doctor Medical Group is a next-generation private medical practice in San Francisco, designed for proactive people who value high quality care and want a collaborative relationship with their doctor. We provide a higher standard of primary medical care, specialty medical care and addiction treatment to a diverse clientele. Our team is responsive, technology-enabled, and developing a better alternative to the standard assembly-line health care system. We are an out-of-network, fee-for-service practice. Our founder, Dr. Paul Abramson, is a Stanford engineer and UCSF medical doctor on a mission to provide a best-case medical practice scenario by mixing innovative methods with old-school medical traditions and commitment.
This medical practice is committed to a philosophy of dealing with patient needs quickly and efficiently with excellent communication, meticulous customer service, unwavering ethical standards and diligent follow-through at all times.
The Opportunity: This is an outstanding opportunity to join a cohesive team running a rapidly-growing boutique medical practice in the heart of San Francisco. We are all operating at a high level of professionalism, and as a customer-service specialist you will be able to make a difference in the lives of many appreciative patients.
- Demonstrated experience delivering front-line customer service to a discerning clientele;
- Ability to provide high-level service with a smile even in challenging situations;
- Work experience in a medical practice environment;
- A degree from a four-year college or university.
Skills Required: Customer Service, Telephone Skills, Multi-tasking, Problem-Solving Skills, Attention to Detail, Self-Starter, Professionalism, Computer/Internet/Cloud Savvy, Teamwork, Time Management, Listening, Organization, Quality Focus, Building Relationships, Resolving Conflict, Legal Compliance.
- Respond to patient inquiries by phone, email and in person quickly and professionally.
- Show initiative and ability to work as part of a high-level team while working independently on mission-critical tasks.
- Process patient check-ins and checkouts according to MDMG’s “excellence in service” protocols.
- Schedule appointments and coordinate calendars of multiple providers using various computer/cloud interface systems.
- Enter charges and payments into our practice management system with a high degree of accuracy.
- Prepare electronic medical charts for the providers in advance of appointments.
- Coordinate patient care between our office and other medical offices, pharmacies and treatment programs.
- Understand and exercise principles of triage and urgency in communicating patient information to and from the providers.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of changing practice services, prices, policies, procedures, hours of operations and special circumstances.
- Create and maintain an inviting and professional atmosphere in the public, patient and private areas of the office.
- Monitor, triage, send, distribute and file faxes, e-mails and other documents in a timely manner as they come into the office.
- Protect the confidentiality of patient and practice information at all times.
- Keep inventory and order stock as needed for both clinical and administrative supplies.
- Participate in general staff meetings and patient-specific case management conferences.
- Collaborate with other staff and medical providers to care for each other in the process of caring for the patients.
- Give timely feedback and reports to management and medical providers.
Schedule: This is a full-time position. Work hours are generally expected to be 40 hours per week, spread over 5 days.
Training: On the job training will be provided, both with regards to our technology systems, standard operating procedures, and issues specific to our patient population.
Pay/Benefits: Compensation is hourly and will depend on experience, level of commitment and availability. Advancement in responsibility, and therefore pay, is possible and encouraged.
You may find more on our web site: http://mydoctorsf.com.
No phone calls or direct e-mail please. All inquiries must be through this application process.