Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Licensed Medical Providers | San Francisco, CA | Full Time | Opened 23 days ago
This is an amazing and rare full-time position on site at our top concierge medical practice in downtown San Francisco. We are rapidly growing, and professional development opportunities abound.
The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant role at My Doctor Medical Group ensures our patients have a 5-star experience by delivering superior quality care. A star-quality PA / NP will have an upbeat personality, a desire to help, a keen intellect, meticulous attention to detail, and a genuine love for people of all types. The PA / NP will find satisfaction in the drive for perfection, will embrace the practice philosophies, enjoy a team-based approach to work, and appreciate our elegant work environment in the heart of downtown San Francisco. This role is a great opportunity for a new graduate or an experienced professional, since we have a wide variety of potential roles in the practice.
About My Doctor Medical Group: We believe people deserve more control over their health and health care. My Doctor Medical Group is a next-generation concierge medical practice, designed for proactive people who value high quality care and want a collaborative relationship with their medical team. We provide a higher standard of primary medical care, specialty medical care, mental health care and addiction treatment to a diverse clientele. Our team is responsive, technology-enabled, and developing a better alternative to the standard assembly-line health care system. We are an out-of-network, fee-for-service, membership-based practice.
Our founder, Dr. Paul Abramson, is a Stanford engineer and UCSF-trained medical doctor on a mission to provide a best-case medical practice scenario by mixing innovative methods with old-school medical traditions and professionalism. Our practice is committed to a philosophy of serving our patients optimally, with excellent communication, meticulous customer service, unwavering ethical standards and diligent follow-through at all times.
We have recently added Dr. Deena Neff completed postgraduate medical training at UCSF, is Board Certified in Family Medicine and completed a Fellowship in Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine. She brings 30 years of experience to her practice of family medicine and integrative/functional medicine.
The Opportunity: This is an outstanding opportunity to join a cohesive team operating at a high level of professionalism. As a provider, you will be able to make a difference in the lives of many appreciative patients, while gaining broad exposure to medical and psychological practice.
- Demonstrated experience delivering outstanding customer service to a discerning clientele.
- Ability to provide high-level communication with a smile even in challenging situations.
- Top notch clinical training, diagnostic abilities and communication skills.
- A commitment to good bedside manner and responsive, patient-centered medical care.
- A high degree of punctuality, follow-through, motivation and attention to detail.
- Interest in working in a fee-for-service private medical practice.
- Interest in behavioral medicine.
- Live locally in San Francisco.
Some of the Position's Responsibilities and Opportunities Include:
- A broad spectrum of clinical medical practice under the supervision of Paul Abramson MD and Dr. Deena Neff.
- Participate in night and weekend call schedule.
- House calls and home care.
- Case management and care coordination.
- Covid-19 testing for travelers, pre-op patients and employer groups.
- Follow-up care with medical and behavioral medicine patients
- Office tasks and phone support as needed (we are an "all hands on deck in a pinch" type of practice)
- Show initiative and teamwork.
- Communicate effectively and sensitively with a diverse clientele.
- Coordinate patient care between our office and other medical offices, pharmacies and treatment programs.
- Protect the confidentiality of patient and practice information at all times.
- Background in emergency medical services, as a military medic, and/or wilderness medicine.
- Technical skills doing office procedures ranging from phlebotomy to abscess I&D.
- Experience doing house calls and/or inpatient hospital medical care.
- Interest in fitness, self-tracking technologies, evolutionary whole food based nutrition, and integrative medicine.
- Interest in constantly learning especially about adult internal medicine and addiction medicine.
- Entrepreneurial spirit a plus.
Schedule: This is a full-time position on site at our office. Work hours are generally expected to be 40 hours per week, spread over 5 days. We have a comprehensive COVID-19 safety protocol in place.
Training: On the job training will be provided, both with regards to our technology systems, standard operating procedures, and issues specific to our patient population.
Pay/Benefits: Compensation is by W-2 salary an exempt employee, and will depend on experience, level of commitment and availability. Advancement in responsibility, and therefore pay, is possible and encouraged. Benefits are generous and above industry standards for a small practice. Competitive benefits include 401K, Profit-Sharing Plan, Defined Benefit/Pension Plan, medical, vision and dental insurance, commuter benefit, and life insurance.
Perks: You will work directly with our outstanding physicians Paul Abramson MD and Deena Neff MD. They will personally train and supervise you in our best-case style of medical practice and our various specialties.
No relocation will be provided. This job may be most appropriate for local candidates.
You may find more on our web site: https://mydoctorsf.com.
No phone calls or direct e-mail please. All inquiries must be through this application process.