Licensed Psychotherapist, Behavioral Health/Addiction
Behavioral Health Program | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Join a top medical-behavioral team practice in downtown San Francisco, where you can have a satisfying, challenging and collaborative career.** This position is for an outstanding psychotherapist committed to working in a medically-supervised, collaborative team model who sees the value in multi-disciplinary team care and does not aspire to be in solo practice. **
Qualifications: This position requires a current and unrestricted license (PsyD, PhD, MFT, LCSW, LPC) from the State of California that allows for the independent practice of psychotherapy services. A clinical psychology license is preferred, but a masters-level psychotherapist with substantial relevant experience may be considered. Prefer specific experience working with clients around alcohol and substance use disorders, in addition to health psychology and general psychotherapy. Excellent diagnostic and treatment planning skills required. This is a clinical position with future leadership opportunities.
The Practice: My Doctor Medical Group is a next-generation private medical practice in downtown San Francisco. Our two main service areas are comprehensive medical care, and integrated behavioral medicine, all provided in a highly confidential, evidence-based and modern setting in the historic 450 Sutter building. Behavioral medicine includes an intensive outpatient addiction treatment program, as well as health psychology, mind-body medicine, and general psychotherapy, as part of an integrated medical-behavioral team.
The Team: Our collaborative team is led by founder and Medical Director, Paul Abramson MD. Medical professionals, psychotherapists and administrative staff all work together to serve our patients while continuing to learn and support each others' career development.The Patients: Our clientele comes from a varied group of high-functioning professionals, discerning elders and their families, and other diverse populations. The patients come in for our medical practice services. Our medical providers then construct an integrated treatment plan for them, which may include behavioral health and psychotherapy components. Our team then helps the patient implement the plan.
The Job: The successful applicant will be responsible for providing direct patient care services as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an upscale private-practice setting.
Specific duties will include:
- Conduct psychosocial and mental health evaluations of new and existing patients. The practice includes general psychotherapy, substance use disorders, behavioral treatment of dual-diagnosis patients, and health psychology with complex medical conditions.
- Provide counseling and psychotherapy to individuals, couples, groups and families. Modalities may include substance abuse counseling, supportive and solution-focused therapy, executive coaching, relationship counseling, motivational interviewing, mindfulness-based therapy, CBT, DBT, ACT, EMDR and others.
- Support the medical side of the practice and encourage a unified team-based approach to care.
- Track patient progress and integrate objective measures into clinical practice using our technology tools.
- Participate in our psychedelic-assisted therapy program, currently using ketamine and then other agents as they become available.
- Document therapy sessions, contribute to treatment plans, communicate with other members of the team.
- Conduct trainings for staff and outside settings.
- Chart review and clinical care improvement with the Medical Director and the integrated team.
- Other duties will be determined by the Medical Director and Practice Manager according to the needs of the Practice.
This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position with generous benefits. Opportunities for part time or contract work may also exist. Pay rate is competitive and will depend on experience. This job may be most appropriate for local candidates. You may see our web site here: http://mydoctorsf.com.
Please respond via this site.
No calls or e-mails directly to the practice please.