Licensed Psychologist, Behavioral Health/Addiction
Behavioral Health Program | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Qualifications: This position requires a current and unrestricted license (PsyD, PhD) from the State of California that allows for the independent practice of clinical psychology services. An masters-level psychotherapist with substantial relevant experience may be considered. Prefer specific experience working with clients around alcohol and substance use disorders, in addition to health psychology and general psychotherapy. Excellent diagnostic and treatment planning skills required. This is a leadership position and experience in program development, clinical supervision and management is an asset.
The Practice: My Doctor Medical Group is a next-generation private medical practice in downtown San Francisco. Our two main service areas are personalized medical care, and behavioral medicine, all provided in a highly confidential, evidence-based and modern setting in the historic 450 Sutter building. Behavioral medicine includes an intensive outpatient addiction treatment program, as well as health psychology, complex mind-body medicine, and general psychotherapy, as part of an integrated medical-behavioral team.
The Team: Our collaborative team is led by founder and Medical Director Paul Abramson (MD). We are currently recruiting for a psychologist to augment our existing Behavioral Health team, as we expand to meet a high demand for our behavioral and addiction medicine services.
The Job: The successful applicant will be responsible for providing direct patient care services in our Behavioral Health Program as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an upscale private-practice setting, and have ample opportunities for career development within the context of the position as the Practice grows and evolves.
Specific duties will include:
- Conduct psychosocial and mental health evaluations of new and existing patients in our medical-behavioral practice. The practice includes general psychotherapy, substance use disorders, behavioral treatment of dual-diagnosis patients, and health psychology with complex medical conditions.
- Provide counseling and psychotherapy to individuals, couples, groups and families. Modalities may include substance abuse counseling, supportive and solution-focused therapy, executive coaching, relationship counseling, motivational interviewing, mindfulness-based therapy, CBT, DBT, ACT, EMDR and others.
- Support for our pioneering efforts to develop a paradigm for psychedelic-assisted therapy in medical care, currently using ketamine and then others as they become available.
- Document therapy sessions, contribute to treatment plans, communicate with other members of the team.
- Program development, staff training and supervision of professional and administrative staff.
- Chart review and clinical care improvement with the Medical Director and the integrated team.
- Other duties will be determined by the Medical Director and Practice Manager according to the needs of the Practice.
This is a full-time, salaried position with generous benefits. Pay rate is competitive and will depend on experience. This job may be most appropriate for local candidates. You may see our web site here: http://mydoctorsf.com.
Please respond via this site.
No calls or e-mails directly to the practice please.