Internal Application: Director of Behavioral Health/Addiction, Licensed Psychologist
Behavioral Health Program | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Director of Behavioral Health/Addiction, Licensed Psychologist
My Doctor Medical Group (MDMG) is recruiting for an outstanding clinical psychologist (PhD or PsyD) to work full-time in our growing practice. MDMG is a private practice in San Francisco, widely referred to by physicians, therapists and our own patients for our expertise and commitment to optimal patient outcomes.
My Doctor Medical Group takes a multidisciplinary approach, with attention to people-centered design and smart application of technology. We attract the highest-caliber team of health care providers and administrative staff. Because we are physician-owned and operate outside of insurance contracts, MDMG practices with the highest level of ethical standards and without the conflicts-of-interest inherent in corporate or foundation-owned practices. We embrace complexity and take a whole-person approach, achieving superior clinical outcomes by utilizing appropriate evidence-based methodologies combined with outside-the-box thinking.
This is a rare opportunity to join a cohesive team in an integrated medical and behavioral practice. Our spacious office -- in the heart of San Francisco's Financial District in the historic 450 Sutter building -- has a curated modern design throughout its 3,000 sq feet. Our integrative team consists of physicians, a physician assistant, psychotherapists, acupuncturists and a dietitian. Members of our clinical staff have autonomy, practice at the top of their license, and are supportive of each other’s well-being. Our collegial environment has an academic feel that offers many ongoing opportunities for learning, teaching, research and deep professional growth. Our Medical Director, Paul Abramson MD, works side by side with the Director of Behavioral Health to lead our collaborative practice model.
Our ideal candidate would be a well-trained, motivated, team-oriented clinical psychologist committed to practicing at a high level in a meaningful setting, with a sense of purpose, while leading a team of licensed professionals. We require specific practice experience and demonstrated leadership skills in structured treatment settings around alcohol and substance use disorders, in addition to health psychology and a broad scope of general psychotherapy.
This is a full-time clinical position, on-site in downtown San Francisco, 5 days a week including clinical care and program management. Competitive salary DOE. Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, 401k and malpractice insurance.
Required Experience and Interests
- PhD or PsyD degree from a top-tier institution.
- Unrestricted license to practice psychology in California.
- An interest in using technology to augment high-quality clinical care.
- The desire to be an integral part of a collaborative team dedicated to providing optimal outcomes for each patient.
- An entrepreneurial attitude and ambition balanced with humility and a genuine desire for ongoing learning and growth.
- High-level professionalism and excellent communication skills.
Clinical Duties Include
- Conduct psychosocial and mental health evaluations of new and existing patients. Scope of practice includes general psychotherapy, substance use disorders, behavioral treatment of dual-diagnosis patients, and health psychology with complex medical conditions.
- Provide counseling and psychotherapy to individuals, couples, groups and families. Modalities may include substance abuse counseling, supportive and solution-focused therapy, executive coaching, relationship counseling, motivational interviewing, mindfulness-based therapy, CBT, DBT, EMDR, prolonged exposure therapy, psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy (as it becomes FDA-approved), biofeedback and other modalities.
- Document therapy sessions, contribute to treatment plans, track caseload, monitor patient engagement and coordinate care with other members of the Medical and Behavioral Health teams.
Director Duties Include
- Leadership, program development, staff training and supervision of professional and administrative staff.
- Chart review, outcomes tracking, and clinical care improvement with the Medical Director and Practice Manager.
- Development of procedures, policies and strategic priorities for the Behavioral Health Department.
- Hiring, performance improvement, training and career development of other members of the Department.
- Marketing and business development, community outreach.
- Participation in research and educational programs developed by the Practice.
- Other duties will be determined by the Medical Director and Practice Manager according to the needs of the Practice.
About the Founder
Paul Abramson MD founded My Doctor Medical Group in 2008 and serves as our Medical Director. Dr. Abramson holds two degrees in electrical engineering from Stanford, an MD degree from UCSF, and has a unique ability to design systems that integrate high-quality traditional medical care with innovative technology. He comes from a lineage of medical doctors who served as battlefield surgeons in each of the two World Wars. Dr. Abramson trained with Andrew Weil MD at the University of Arizona, and is doubly board-certified in Family Medicine and Addiction Medicine.
You may find more on our web site: http://mydoctorsf.com.
Please apply through this JobScore system. Or call us at 415-963-4431.