Shuttle Driver (Seasonal/Part Time)
Transportation | Los Angeles, CA
Mount St. Mary's College is an independent, Catholic, liberal arts college which provides a values-based undergraduate education for women, as well as innovative programs for professional men and women on two historic campuses in Los Angeles. The Mount is the only Catholic college primarily for women in the Western United States. It is also nationally recognized for its academic programs, its culturally diverse student body, and its focus on preparing the next generation of citizen leaders.
The college is currently seeking an experienced shuttle driver for their transportation department. This position is seasonal (fall & spring semester), part time 30+ hours per week. Drivers shuttle students and the College community between campuses and other locations according to an established shuttle schedule.
Multiple shifts available.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain the general and daily up-keep of assigned vehicle (e.g. Check water, oil, braking system, lights, turn signals and tires on a daily basis, clean vehicle on a weekly basis; and report any damages to the vehicle upon inspection).
· Assist with event set-ups for College activities (e.g. tables, chairs, and monitors).
· Complete and maintain daily vehicle inspection forms and gas receipt; submit to office in a timely manner.
· Responsible for the safekeeping of fuel card and 2-way radio.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must posses a valid Class “B” endorsement “P” California driver’s license and is contingent on completion of a satisfactory driving records check and ongoing participation in the DMV Pull Program (driving record audits) and random drug/alcohol testing.
- Recent, previous experience working as a shuttle driver.
- Applicants will be required to pass a
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Effectively organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks. Accurately follow instructions. Exercise good judgment. Team-oriented. Interact professionally with all members of the college community.
- Knowledge of the transportation needs of a diverse college community.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, staff, faculty and supervisors.
- Required to drive shuttle with seating capacity up to 33 passengers. (Training provided by the College).
- Willingness and ability to work in an environment involving exposure to some cleaning agents/chemicals.
- Strong organization and prioritization, customer service, oral communication and interpersonal skills. Functional English-speaking required, bi-lingual Spanish/English is a plus.
Work Location: All shifts will begin at the Downtown Los Angeles campus.
Start Date: ASAP
Applications Deadline: February 8th
Compensation: $10/hour - this position is considered a temporary position and will not be eligible for benefits at this time. This position is for the swing shift (3:30pm - 11:30pm), temporary assignment will run anywhere from 3 weeks to the full semester. This is a part time position.
Mount St. Mary’s College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The College will not assist applicants with any visa matter.