Associate Sales Rep, Manufacturer Programs
Sales | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
mscripts™ is a privately-held mobile health start-up with headquarters in San Francisco, CA. We provide pharmacies and other health and wellness organizations with mobile and intelligent messaging solutions. Our clients, which include the most sophisticated and forward-looking pharmacies in the industry, drive us to provide the most innovative solutions in the market. We are profitable, growing rapidly and outpacing our nearest competitors.
We are seeking an Associate Sales Representative in the Manufacturer Sponsored Programs department to research and identify opportunities, work with senior management to cultivate accounts, manage and maintain relationships, and close business.
The Sponsored Program team works to address key elements of non-adherence for patients: cost, forgetfulness, and education. The team works with sponsors to enrich prescription refill and pickup reminders with education videos, prescription coupons, additional refill reminders, and other adherence tactics—all delivered directly to a patient’s phone, email, or mobile App at critical points in therapy.
This position is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and growing pharmaceutical client relationships for our offerings. This includes working with mscripts’ prospects and customers through the entire sales lifecycle including targeting new accounts, helping to establish relationships, supporting the sales process, maintaining consistent contact with prospective customers, transitioning projects to the delivery team, ensuring revenue growth within existing clients, and managing overall client expectations and relationships. This is an excellent opportunity to develop enterprise sales skills at a fast growing, dynamic mobile startup.
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry, researching and analyzing sales options.
- Sales expansion into other brands at existing clients.
- Assists in the establishment of new accounts by engaging with potential customers, organizing and assisting in the preparation for sales calls, preparing presentation and sales materials.
- Travels to prospective customer accounts to cultivate relationships, demonstrate various services, and identify new market trends, requirements, and opportunities.
- Services customer accounts by maintaining contact with customer, ensuring customer satisfaction, and helping customers during transitions and updates.
- Prepares various sales reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information, current and future client needs, and engineering and application trends. Participates in daily business development calls; utilizes salesforce.com to track research, opportunities, and prospects.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging technologies; learning current and pre-release systems, products, platforms, and complimentary tools. Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Requirements include 5 + years of prior sales and marketing experience in either information technology consulting services or software sales selling into manufacturers.
- The qualified candidate must possess a desire to understand mobile technology and the business acumen essential for identifying critical issues faced by potential client organizations.
- Must demonstrate a proven track record of success, an ability to identify and establish relationships and support Senior Management.
- Strong writing skills, including ability to create original business development content.
- Excellent relationship development, lead qualification, and presentation skills a must.
- Extensive travel required.
- Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred.
- Understanding of medication adherence programs, a plus.
- Pharmaceutical experience a major plus.
- Lives on the east coast