Telecommunications and Technology | Dallas, TX | Full Time
MSB is a growing and dynamic company, now a Gulf South leader in multi-specialty engineering services. Founded on client-focused solutions and tireless dedication to project success, MSB has more than 37 years of experience in multiple market segments, including Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Telecommunications, and Power Engineering.
With that said, it is no accident that MSB is continually searching for dedicated and brilliant men and women who will hold fast to this relentless pursuit of client success. After all, engineering is nothing more than wires and bolts, without the people who order their ingenuity. At every turn, our world revolves around client success and, for that reason, we are constantly searching those who would join us in building on the responsiveness, technical expertise and quality services that have made us an industry leader in specialty engineering.
The Telecommunications Designer will be reporting to the Telecommunications Department Manager and is responsible for providing technical support by performing the following duties:
- Provide technical support for implementation, maintenance and repair of existing or new DAS equipment located at Dallas-based clients and other locations as needs dictate.
- Provide technical support for system additions or enhancements at client sites.
- Ensure reliability of equipment and services through various means of monitoring and control systems
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly scheduled (maintenance or preventive maintenance) tasks and perform necessary interventions for corrective actions.
- Determine root cause for DAS outages or performance degradation and develop recommendation for corrective actions
- Provide logging of all troubles and keep inventory of equipment and equipment faults.
- Provide Operations support and system troubleshooting for Wireless Carriers (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile & Verizon) interface into the DAS network. Ensure that the necessary diagnostic and troubleshooting tools are available and in working order.
- Stay current on DAS technology practices and principles of installations, monitoring and maintaining as well as other RF Transmissions Systems.
- System monitoring / diagnostics experience including the ability to manage system controls via an IP connection, including C2 and TSUN’s or similar systems.
- System Testing
- RF sweep test with Anritsu Test Equipment
- Fiber Optic Cable testing and interpreting OTDR results
- Carrier Wave Testing
- RF Walk Testing with Rhode Schwartz or similar equipment
- PIM testing and post processing of PIM test data
- Construction management and reporting of DAS in airports, sports venues and public buildings.
- Prior experience with designing, operating and troubleshooting DAS networks. Primary focus is Andrew/CommScope ION-B & IPOI hardware.
- Hardware hands-on, inventory, tracking, installation, start-up, troubleshooting, upgrade of equipment, servicing, maintenance and monitoring, local and remotely.
- Operations experience for all aspects of a DAS network including RF, Ethernet & Fiber Optic components
- Ability to manage DAS construction projects, interfacing with a variety of contractors.
- Experience reading and using construction drawings for DAS installations.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, Project).
- Ability to work nights or weekends when required by client maintenance windows or as projects dictate.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a Technology-related field.
- Insurance, Health, Wellness. Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Financial & Retirement. 401(k) Plan, Performance Bonus
- Family & Parenting. Flexible Hours, Family Medical Leave
- Vacation & Time Off. Paid Holidays. Paid Vacation. Bereavement Leave
- Perks & Discounts. Employee Assistance Program, Lunch & Learns
- Professional Support. Job Training, Professional Development, Tuition Assistance