Senior Telecommunications Engineer
Telecommunications and Technology | Metairie, LA | Full Time
MSB is a growing and dynamic company, now a Gulf South leader in multi-specialty engineering services. Founded on client-focused solutions and tireless dedication to project success, MSB has more than 37 years of experience in multiple market segments, including Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Telecommunications, and Power Engineering.
With that said, it is no accident that MSB is continually searching for dedicated and brilliant men and women who will hold fast to this relentless pursuit of client success. After all, engineering is nothing more than wires and bolts, without the people who order their ingenuity. At every turn, our world revolves around client success and, for that reason, we are constantly searching those who would join us in building on the responsiveness, technical expertise and quality services that have made us an industry leader in specialty engineering.
MSB is seeking a Senior Telecommunications Engineer to establish and maintain wireless communications networks by performing the following duties while reporting to the Telecommunications Department Manager.
- Designs, builds, and implements new Wi-Fi deployments, network upgrades, and technology/platform evaluations.
- Analyzes requirements and develops technical design documents, implementation plans, and specifications.
- Travels to customer sites to perform wireless predictions and site surveys in conjunction with new builds, network upgrades, and technology refresh efforts.
- Acts as Project Lead for project execution and customer technical point of contact.
- Manages customer expectations effectively.
- Tracks project schedule and budget performance.
- Performs testing and maintenance on networks to ensure optimal performance.
- Ensures compliance with network and engineering standards and guidelines.
- Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment.
- Continues education by undergoing additional training and learning multiple platforms.
- Bachelor's degree from ABET-accredited College or university or eight to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in technical design, installation, and commissioning of telecommunications equipment and systems.
- In depth understanding of 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi standards and related components.
- Strong knowledge/configuration experience with wireless products including Access points, controllers and other WLAN infrastructure and client devices.
- Strong working knowledge of RF propagation, antenna theory, antenna types and practical usage in the field with various platforms (e.g. Aruba, Cisco).
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting and site-survey tools such as Ekahau Site Survey.
- Working knowledge of Category 5e/6/6A cabling and topology.
- Willing to travel and/or occasionally work outside of normal hours.
- Bachelor of Science degree ABET-accredited college or university in engineering, computer science or related technical discipline
- Certified Wireless Network Professional (CWNP) Program certifications
- Experience implementing high-density Wi-iFi solutions for Large Public Venues
- Working knowledge of IP routing protocols
- Fundamental knowledge of security protocols and authentication (WPA2, EAP-TLS, 802.1x, AAA) and hands-on experience with RADIUS infrastructure (ClearPass, ISE).
Benefits & Perks:
- Insurance, Health, Wellness. Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Financial & Retirement. 401(k) Plan, Performance Bonus
- Family & Parenting. Flexible Hours, Family Medical Leave
- Vacation & Time Off. Paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave
- Perks & Discounts. Employee Assistance Program, Lunch & Learns
- Professional Support. Job Training, Professional Development, Tuition Assistance