Refinery Project Engineer (on-site)
Instrumentation and Control Systems | Metairie, LA | Full Time
MSB is a growing and dynamic company, now a Gulf South leader in multi-specialty engineering services. Founded on client-focused solutions and tireless dedication to project success, MSB has more than 37 years of experience in multiple market segments, including Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Telecommunications, and Power Engineering.
With that said, it is no accident that MSB is continually searching for dedicated and brilliant men and women who will hold fast to this relentless pursuit of client success. After all, engineering is nothing more than wires and bolts, without the people who order their ingenuity. At every turn, our world revolves around client success and, for that reason, we are constantly searching those who would join us in building on the responsiveness, technical expertise and quality services that have made us an industry leader in specialty engineering.
MSB is seeking a full-time Project Engineer to work on-site at a local major refinery performing project/engineering management and cost controls for projects valued between $1 million and $5 million.
- Developing project initiation request and scope of work.
- Developing preliminary Front End Engineering Design (FEED) package, feasibility study, and detailed cost estimates in conjunction with contract engineering firm(s).
- Coordinating contract engineering firm(s) for detailed design engineering and overall project execution.
- Coordinating relevant refinery planning groups and installation contractors.
- Education. Bachelor of Science degree from ABET-accredited college or university engineering program.
Experience. 5+ years engineering experience in a technical field and/or in the petrochemical/refining and midstream industry.
- Experience in project management and cost controls.
- Experience in refinery operations.
- Credential. Active TWIC card.
Your talent and experience are more than a resume to MSB. So, if you’re looking for a place where you can be valued for what you have to offer, devote your career to engineering project success for global clients and find fulfillment in the camaraderie of your shared passion, then you might be just one simple step from your dream job.
- Insurance, Health, Wellness. Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Financial & Retirement. 401(k) Plan, Performance Bonus
- Family & Parenting. Flexible Hours, Family Medical Leave
- Vacation & Time Off. Paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave
- Perks & Discounts. Employee Assistance Program, Lunch & Learns
- Professional Support. Job Training, Professional Development, Tuition Assistance