Project Controls | Metairie, LA | Full Time
MSB is a growing and dynamic company, now a Gulf South leader in multi-specialty engineering services. Founded on client-focused solutions and tireless dedication to project success, MSB has more than 37 years of experience in multiple market segments, including Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Telecommunications, and Power Engineering.
With that said, it is no accident that MSB is continually searching for dedicated and brilliant men and women who will hold fast to this relentless pursuit of client success. After all, engineering is nothing more than wires and bolts, without the people who order their ingenuity. At every turn, our world revolves around client success and, for that reason, we are constantly searching those who would join us in building on the responsiveness, technical expertise and quality services that have made us an industry leader in specialty engineering.
We are looking for a Project Scheduler whose primary function is to create, manage, and maintain project schedules for complex projects while working with project team members and reporting directly to the Project Controls Department Manager. This position is responsible for understanding the planning aspect of all phases or projects, identifying the order of events, risks, and opportunities for streamlining project execution.
Manage Baseline Schedule Development and Approval Effort
- Prepare and develop logical Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Lead project team planning sessions relating to sequencing and structure of activities.
- Decide reasonable schedule logic, constraints, and duration using information from team planning session
Monitor and Analyze Project Schedule Performance
- Analyze schedules and potential changes for risk areas
- Perform variance analysis and determine the impact of delays, communicating the status to team members.
- Identify the critical paths required to meet the overall project completion date and, if required, work with team members to develop schedule alternatives to mitigate or avoid schedule delays.
Report Schedule Status to Stakeholders
- Develop monthly project schedule updates, including custom reports and written narrative as needed on a project by project by portfolio basis
- Work with other members of Project Controls team to develop an integrated view of project and portfolio performance
- Education Bachelor's degree in a technical field
Experience 5+ years of scheduling or project controls experience
- Experience with Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project
- Demonstrated past of working in a cross-functional environment providing accurate data to team members, ensuring forecasted project delivery
Skills and Proficiencies
- High level of analytical thinking skills to plan and forecast work
- Proficient in critical path methodology, ensuring and communicating the timely delivery of milestone tasks
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven initiative and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Benefits & Perks:
- Insurance, Health, Wellness. Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Financial & Retirement. 401(k) Plan, Performance Bonus
- Family & Parenting. Flexible Hours, Family Medical Leave
- Vacation & Time Off. Paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave
- Perks & Discounts. Employee Assistance Program, Lunch & Learns
- Professional Support. Job Training, Professional Development, Tuition Assistance
Your talent and experience are more than a resume to MSB. So, if you’re looking for a place where you can be valued for what you have to offer, devote your career to engineering project success for global clients and find fulfillment in the camaraderie of your shared passion, then you might be just one simple step from your dream job.